Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    I do not buy our meat at the grocery store. We order our meat from small time family owned ranches. That is an option if you want to get away from supporting the big meat processing companies. It is best if you can find a local rancher to buy meat from but there are plenty that will ship it to you.
    I used to do this. A friend and I would buy an animal at market price from the farmer, pay a small fee to drop it at the processor, and pay cents a pound to cut it, wrap it, and freeze. Each person could have cuts prepared to their liking on their half. This was a really good deal.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My husband is a fisherman, a hunter and he also used to work in a meat market. We just bought a hog from a local farmer we know and we butchered it ourself. Right now we have two deer, a hog, lots of fish and even a wild turkey in our freezer. The pork and venison have been cut into steaks, chops, roast, etc. and have been made into several different kinds of sausage. A friend of ours just bought a cow from a local farmer and had it processed at the local meat shop. We will be trading pork and venison for beef. It's a win win situation plus we know where the meat came from, how the animals and fresh meat were cared for plus the price is right!

April
    dlm1968 wrote:

I do not buy our meat at the grocery store. We order our meat from small time family owned ranches. That is an option if you want to get away from supporting the big meat processing companies. It is best if you can find a local rancher to buy meat from but there are plenty that will ship it to you.
    Another BIG plus with getting your meat from a rancher or harvesting it yourself is you know it is not full of those growth hormones and whatever else they inject the cattle with to make them fatter...in order to make more money.Recently it has been in the news that these hormones are associated with cancer.

That is originally why we started buying our meat this way. We only by from ranchers who use no growth hormones or antibiotics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    My husband is a fisherman, a hunter and he also used to work in a meat market. We just bought a hog from a local farmer we know and we butchered it ourself. Right now we have two deer, a hog, lots of fish and even a wild turkey in our freezer. The pork and venison have been cut into steaks, chops, roast, etc. and have been made into several different kinds of sausage. A friend of ours just bought a cow from a local farmer and had it processed at the local meat shop. We will be trading pork and venison for beef. It's a win win situation plus we know where the meat came from, how the animals and fresh meat were cared for plus the price is right!
    That is a great idea, cut out the middle man who hires illegals to make more profit, and stay much safer with the food chain to boot! Win Win Situation!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

'm really beginning to be suspicious

I'm really beginning to be suspicious that these raids while welcome by many are strategic in nature.
    To me it seems these raids are specifically targeting processing plants that will affect the price we pay at stores for food and thereby possibly force America to appreciate "immigrants" more.
    Notice that Swift has not been indicted for anything.
    It's difficult to feel sorry for Swift when twenty years ago meatpacking was a middle class job that has been over the years forced down to poverty level wages.
    I guess the question is, why are thousands of illegal migrants being arrested, their employers getting off Scot free when millions would go home if their greedy employers were then held to account,
    My personal guess is, we're being manipulated, again and the only thing we can do is call them on it.

Of course it is politics as usual, right after the raids, Chertoff came out saying how we really needed a guest worker program! They are pretty trasparent to be part of the gov. aren't they What is worse they think we are to stupid to see where their little raids are going!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Chertoff came out saying how we really needed a guest worker program!
    What a maroon! It proves no such thing. These folks are like damn parrots.

GET THIS! We don't want you to worry about us... so pack your bags and go on home

Amen JAK!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

April
    Sovereign wrote:

I guess the question is, why are thousands of illegal migrants being arrested, their employers getting off Scot free when millions would go home if their greedy employers were the held too account,
    Greed breeding..... more Greed.............payments made to be not held accountable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12