Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration Raid Tearing Families Apart

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/05/17/imm.html

Families of undocumented workers and local homebuilders continue to feel the aftershocks from last week's immigration bust in Northern Kentucky.

Families of the 81 undocumented workers arrested in Boone County are starting to feel the financial pinch from lost wages.

And the industry where subcontractors used them is reviewing and changing its business practices.

All this is occuring as the debate continue over how to update immigration laws.

Joetta Smith's hands trembled as she opened the mail at her Hamilton home.

The letter was from her husband, Mario Tovar, at the Boone County Jail.

He's an undocumented worker who was arrested last week and is being deported to Mexico.

"He tells me to be careful, take care of our babies and that he misses us and he loves us," said Smith.

Joetta says her children are angry and she's looking for work to pay the bills.

"He'll be with us forever. He promises me that. I'm his wife and we will be together forever," she said.

Tovar has applied to re-enter the country legally.

Shawnda Needham worries how she'll take care of her son, Jonathan, and two other children.

Her fiance, Rosalio Gamino, was deported five years ago and doesn't make enough money in Mexico to support them.

He's applied for re-entry into the United States.

"Why not give him a visa to be with his family, to be with his children, to take care of them. I know a lot of people that are going to start asking for welfare," Needham told 9News.

Northern Kentucky Homebuilders Chairman Mike Kegley of B.O.L.D Homes says the association doesn't tolerate using undocumented employees.

"The only reason I can imagine they might use illegals if they could not get a legal employee to do the work if it's that kind of a shortage. I'm not aware of that occurring at this point," said Kegley.

Immigrants now make up 20 percent of the U.S. homebuilding work force and there's no way of knowing how many are legal and how many are undocumented.

"An illegal immigrant worker will take less because they do not have any recourse without exposing themselves so they could perhaps be taken advantage of for that reason," said Kegley.

He says immigrant workers are needed because younger americans are aiming for higher tech jobs.

The association backs a guest worker program to let undocumented people earn the right to become U.S. citizens.

The organization is also holding an immigration law seminar for members and non-members on May 30th.

Well they know where thier families are so why not go and get them.They can be reunited in mexico.

Joetta Smith's husband is named Mario Tovar. Wait until Mrs. Tovar in Mexico finds this out. OK, I have no proof, but I'm takin' bets. Anybody?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lets see....hhhmmm....BROKE the law!!!! The welfare system isn't a bottomless pit!!! There will once again have to be another "reform" and they only have themselves to blame.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Sapperwes
    Well they know where thier families are so why not go and get them.They can be reunited in mexico.
    I agree. Are we supposed to feel sorry for them? NOT ME!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Joetta Smith's husband is named Mario Tovar. Wait until Mrs. Tovar in Mexico finds this out. OK, I have no proof, but I'm takin' bets. Anybody?

Re: Immigration Raid Tearing Families Apart

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB2012
    http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/05/17/imm.html

Families of undocumented workers and local homebuilders continue to feel the aftershocks from last week's immigration bust in Northern Kentucky.

Families of the 81 undocumented workers arrested in Boone County are starting to feel the financial pinch from lost wages.

And the industry where subcontractors used them is reviewing and changing its business practices.

All this is occuring as the debate continue over how to update immigration laws.

Joetta Smith's hands trembled as she opened the mail at her Hamilton home.

The letter was from her husband, Mario Tovar, at the Boone County Jail.

He's an undocumented worker who was arrested last week and is being deported to Mexico.

"He tells me to be careful, take care of our babies and that he misses us and he loves us," said Smith.

Joetta says her children are angry and she's looking for work to pay the bills.

"He'll be with us forever. He promises me that. I'm his wife and we will be together forever," she said.

Tovar has applied to re-enter the country legally.

Shawnda Needham worries how she'll take care of her son, Jonathan, and two other children.

Her fiance, Rosalio Gamino, was deported five years ago and doesn't make enough money in Mexico to support them.

He's applied for re-entry into the United States.

"Why not give him a visa to be with his family, to be with his children, to take care of them. I know a lot of people that are going to start asking for welfare," Needham told 9News.

Northern Kentucky Homebuilders Chairman Mike Kegley of B.O.L.D Homes says the association doesn't tolerate using undocumented employees.

"The only reason I can imagine they might use illegals if they could not get a legal employee to do the work if it's that kind of a shortage. I'm not aware of that occurring at this point," said Kegley.

Immigrants now make up 20 percent of the U.S. homebuilding work force and there's no way of knowing how many are legal and how many are undocumented.

"An illegal immigrant worker will take less because they do not have any recourse without exposing themselves so they could perhaps be taken advantage of for that reason," said Kegley.

He says immigrant workers are needed because younger americans are aiming for higher tech jobs.

The association backs a guest worker program to let undocumented people earn the right to become U.S. citizens.

The organization is also holding an immigration law seminar for members and non-members on May 30th.
    It would cost the us tax payer alot less if we would just go ahead and built each of these "Law Breakers" a small "Hooch" in Mexico.We have plenty of "105 Boxes" and "Shelter Halves".

Illegal alien = deportation. Should have thought about your family before you decided to cross that line we call a border and take a free ride on the American Taxpayers dime.

Why not give him a visa to be with his family, to be with his children, to take care of them. I know a lot of people that are going to start asking for welfare," Needham told 9News.
    Well, let me see. They should not be eligible for welfare, THEY ARE NOT CITIZENS. Another thing that needs to be fixed in this horribly broken system.