Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Immigration Solution

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/01/18/th ... -solution/

The Immigration Solution
    By Michelle Malkin • January 18, 2008 10:29 AM

Every lawmaker, every campaign, every engaged citizen, and every reporter who writes about immigration should have this book:

As I wrote in an endorsement on the back cover: The Immigration Solution demolishes open-borders myths and provides a clear, sane path toward an immigration plan that benefits America and adheres to the rule of law. Heather Mac Donald, Victor Davis Hanson, and Steven Malanga battle muddled amnesty advocates with impeccable logic, facts, and principle. This book is not just a must-read. It’s a must-do.

Front Page Magazine has a symposium with the authors. You should read the whole thing. Heather Mac Donald looks at how the dynamics of the debate have changed:

The fact that we are engaged in this debate at all represents a radical shake-up of the immigration status quo (‘we’ being not just my coauthors but the pundit class and reluctant politicians as well). For the first time in decades, the public has forced the political and media elites to respond to its dismay at illegal immigration. Though liberal and—more surprisingly—conservative opinion-makers are untroubled by illegal immigration’s massive assault on the rule of law, the public still cares deeply whether our laws are respected or not. Moreover, people who live with the influx of poorly-educated, low-skilled illegal immigrants see the strains that this demographic wave puts on their communities.

The prominence that illegal immigration has had in the public debate over the last two years represents a triumph of democracy, in my view. After decades of being silenced, the popular will is finally being heard, amplified by the rise of the new media. And this change in the political climate is more than cosmetic. Though the Bush Administration had to be dragged kicking and screaming into its current enforcement policies, those policies are many magnitudes more aggressive than anything that has been seen for years—if still a fraction of what they need to be. Even more responsive have been local and state legislatures, which are forging ahead with efforts to stop rewarding and start penalizing immigration law-breakers, both American and foreign.

Are the political ferment and the ensuing government actions perfect? Of course not. As Steve has pointed out, the debate has largely failed to take up the question of what a more nationally beneficial immigration policy should look like. And it is still possible that after the Presidential election, politicians will go back to ignoring the public will. Still, I think that the public deserves credit for persisting in its demand that our national borders and immigration laws be respected.

And persist we must.
    Posted in: Immigration
    [/quote]

Illegals!

I am married to a mexican that when he came here he got his green card. And the people that live above us are illegal as are the rest of the people in this apartment complex. But the only ones that cause problems here are the ones on top of us. They are constantly making noise until 2 am. And i have to get up early to take my kids to school and when the cops come out they say it is normal apartment noise. And the last time i called the cops they never showed up but still said it was normal noise. I was like WTF how is that normal noise? The witchs cause alot of problems and have gotten away with it. There friend tried to break into my sons room and ran but we saw him come out from the apartment and knew right away it was him. But still the cops did nothing. It's not fair to me and my family to be afraid of these people but we are. SEND ALL ILLEGALS HOME!

Call I.C.E.

They won't know who did it and it might clear out the rest of your apartment house of them. Or do you know where they work. Find out and call I.C.E.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Call I.C.E.

They won't know who did it and it might clear out the rest of your apartment house of them. Or do you know where they work. Find out and call I.C.E.

I called ICE about a week ago and they said they are sending in a report. I am just sick of dealing with them and getting no sleep cause of the noise.

Keep us updated.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well my next step is to talk to the councel here in Salem cause this is just not right. I guess I can call the Fire department too and let them know there are 7 people living in a 2 bedroom apartment also. Grrrr something needs to be done. And yes I will keep you posted

I would see if they have any ordinances that say that only a certain number of residents may reside in the amount of square feet. Your city hall will know about that. If they don't then I would go to a city council meeting and present the problems with the noise, the safety factor for fire and the police departments inability to resolve the issue. I would place it on the city's shoulders that THEY are the ones responsible if anything happens to you and your family.

If you have one council member that is open to your issue, contact them privately and talk to them about applyng for 287g federal program to train your local police to interact with the Feds to arrest criminal illegal aliens. Make you when you talk to them you state "criminal" illegal aliens. This is will help safe guard the city.

Theres only supposed to be 5 per apartment and there is 7 now. Also i found out more info lastnight that kinda scares me but cant say it on here cause its not appropriate. I feel bad cause there is nothing i can really do to protect a friend.