Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    Exactly, if nothing else it should put some fear into the illegals and at least some of them might actually flee back to their homeland! The gangs, which are made up of many illegals, are so bad in LA they need to do something big time and continue for the safety of everyone!

Actually anti American sentiment in L.A. is so strong that I would worry more about an anger backlash that could raise the danger level.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mayor reconquista Vilagarosa go ballistic and perhaps even turn a blind eye to some vengeance.
    We'll see if there are protests or worse.
    Hope not.

The beginning article says the LA area however later ones make it sound like it is Santa Ana. Santa Ana is not under Mayor Reconquista because it is the county seat of Orange Co. Santa Ana is about 35 miles south of LA though.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Of the 761 people arrested, more than 450 have already been deported, Kice said
    59% of those arrested had already been deported. Yet the Bush still refuses to secure the border.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Sovereign wrote:

Actually anti American sentiment in L.A. is so strong that I would worry more about an anger backlash that could raise the danger level.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mayor reconquista Vilagarosa go ballistic and perhaps even turn a blind eye to some vengeance.
    We'll see if there are protests or worse.
    Hope not.
    That is scary !! Thanks for your input. I am sure you are very aware of how the situation might go since you reside in Cailfornia.

Jean wrote;

The beginning article says the LA area however later ones make it sound like it is Santa Ana. Santa Ana is not under Mayor Reconquista because it is the county seat of Orange Co. Santa Ana is about 35 miles south of LA though.
    Your right! That's my first official mistake of the year! Sorry.
    Everybody needs a little humble once in a while, me included.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign
    Jean wrote;

Your right! That's my first official mistake of the year! Sorry.
    Everybody needs a little humble once in a while, me included.
    I thought I heard a blirp on the radio about this raid involving more than just Santa Ana, so let's see what else is reported. And the first article above makes it sound like it is part of LA so I don't think you said anything wrong Sovereign. I just wanted to help point out where Santa Ana is to other readers. Bet Mayor Reconquista isn't happy about this, kind of close to home.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Since California is what I like to call a migrant flood state it's also a target rich environment.
    I'm sure that ICE operations isn't confined to just Orange County.
    It is common for most folks to think anywhere south of the Grapevine is Los Angeles.

I imagine there will be some kind of backlash, but then Arnolito and the reconquista dominated legislature are trying to enact the greatest alien magnet programs ever devised.

If insurance for everyone regardless of status and millions are handed out to whoever happens to walk up to the payout window for freeze aid then 761 aliens will be but a fraction of the illegals that magically appear just in in L.A. by the hour.

I live in the central valley and have driven all around the southland many times, I should know better<S>.

I appreciate your correcting me without animosity.

Ok, some were in LA:

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/22287.html

California Operation Nets More Than 750 Criminal Aliens and Fugitives
    January 24, 2007 12:00 AM EST

by Jim Kouri - LOS ANGELES -- More than 750 foreign aliens have been removed from the United States or are facing deportation following a massive week-long enforcement action by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) targeting criminal aliens and immigration fugitives in five Southland counties that concluded early Tuesday.

During the operation, ICE officers tracked down and arrested 338 immigration violators who were at large in Los Angeles (169), Orange (111), Riverside (26), San Bernardino (22), and Ventura (10) counties. More than 150 of those arrested were immigration fugitives, aliens who have ignored final orders of deportation issued by immigration judges. Another 24 of those encountered were aliens who had been previously deported and returned to the United States illegally.

The group also included two criminal fugitives from Mexico wanted for murdering a Sinaloa man in 2004 in a dispute over a fence. Rafael Lopez Obeso, 54, and his son, Rafael Obeso Melchor, 25, were taken into custody by ICE officers Friday at a residence in the desert community of Mecca.

The men, who were arrested on immigration violations, were transported to the border Friday and turned over to representatives from the Mexican Attorney General’s Office. Members of the U.S. Marshals Service Pacific Southwest Regional Fugitive Task Force assisted in the arrest.

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/news/ci_5073390

761 illegal immigrants arrested in huge sweep
    By Rick Coca and Rachel Uranga Staff Writers

Federal officials fanned out across Southern California over the past week in one of the biggest sweeps of its kind, arresting 761 illegal immigrants ranging from murder suspects to visa violators.

Ending Tuesday, the raids were part of Operation Return to Sender - a national effort by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency that has netted more than 13,000 illegal immigrants nationwide since June.

About 450 of those arrested have already been deported, or voluntarily returned, to their native countries, ICE officials said.

"Anytime we can take 761 people off the street who have violated the laws of this country is a big success," said Jim Hayes, Los Angeles field office director for ICE's detention and removal operations.

The Southern California raids took place in Los Angeles, Ventura, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. They included the arrest of two men near Palm Springs wanted for murder in Sinaloa, Mexico.

The men were turned over to Mexican law enforcement officials Friday.

The majority of those arrested in the Southland were Mexican, but they included nationals from 13 other countries, including India, Japan, Poland, the Ukraine and Trinidad.

Between 75 and 150 officers participated in the raids. Los Angeles County logged 169 arrests, the most of any county, Hayes said.

He said 338 illegal immigrants were arrested primarily at their homes and apartments. The other 423 were identified in area jails since Jan. 17 and were expected to be deported after serving their sentences.

More than 150 of the illegal immigrants arrested were immigration fugitives - those who have ignored judge's orders of deportation. There are an estimated 500,000 to 600,000 immigration fugitives nationwide.

To deal with illegal immigrants who have been deported after committing serious crimes and then return to the United States, officials will prosecute them under the felony re-entry after deportation law, which carries a maximum 20-year sentence, said Curtis Kin, an assistant U.S. attorney with the U.S. Attorney's Office.

The sweeps follow months of raids across the country that have drawn harsh criticism from immigration activists.

"All this does is promote fear in the community. You can say you are targeting criminals that have returned, but in the process you are also catching and arresting other immigrants. They are what I call the bonus catch," said Angelica Salas, executive director of Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles.

"They are the people that are in the apartments next door that don't have their papers in order. This is more of a show of force than facing the real issue of undocumented migration."

On Tuesday in Van Nuys, dozens of worried immigrants flooded the lines of Hermandad Mexicana, a nonprofit immigration services clinic that assists in citizenship applications.

"People are calling us to find out if we are hearing anything. They are scared," said Esmeralda Chaires, a clerk at the clinic. "I got a call from a spouse saying his wife had been taken from their San Fernando home on Saturday evening."

Immigrant supporters said the move is an effort by the Bush administration to appear tough on undocumented immigrants as Congress appears ready to take up immigration reform, coupled with the the president's State of the Union address.

Critics have long called the immigration system failed and argued that many of the businesses that employ and lure immigrants to this country are not targeted to the same extent as immigrants.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast