Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is Immigration Under Control in New England?

http://magic-city-news.com/article_3956.shtml

Is Immigration Under Control in New England?
    By Marty Lich
    May 30, 2005, 16:03

Email this article
    Printer friendly page
    Do you think things are under control in your neck of the woods? Think you are impervious to the problems ailing the western half of the United States of America, mainly illegal immigration fallout? If so, then disregard the following. Or maybe I should say please do read the following editorials and realize that PC NE is not emerging untouched after all.

There were several quoted protesters from various human rights and labor organizations in and around New Hampshire. These protesters delivered a signed letter of protest to Hudson Police Chief Richard Gendron, who is quietly enforcing our federal laws of illegal immigration to the best of his ability. In other words, dealing with local illegal aliens when Immigration Control and Enforcement officials say "we are too busy."

I have supplied contact information for both the protesters as well as for the police chief below the laws cited here.

Section 1324c states, "All officers whose duty it is to enforce criminal laws shall have authority to make arrests for a violation of any provision of this section" (affirmed US v Perez-Gonzalez 2002 Fed App 0360, 6th Circ.).

Section 1644, same title states, "No local ordinance, rule, or measure shall stop law enforcement officers from enforcement of this section" (affirmed Southern District Court of NY, US v Rudy Guiliani,1996).

Chief W. Garrett Chamberlain
    NEW IPSWICH POLICE DEPARTMENT
    659 Turnpike Road
    PO Box 439
    New Ipswich, NH 03071
    Phone: 603-878-2771
    Fax: 603-878-4675
    E-Mail: 901@nipd.net

www.nhla.org/Puerto_RicanPR.htm#How%20to%20contact%20us

Theo Amani, a citizen of the Democratic Republic of Congo, and with the NH Immigrants Rights Task Force

MANCHESTER
    1361 Elm Street Manchester, NH 03101
    668-2900 or 1-800-562-3174

LITTLETON
    58 Main Street Littleton, NH 03561
    444-8000 or 1-800-548-1886

CLAREMONT
    206 Moody Bldg., 24 Tremont Sq. Claremont, NH 03743
    542-8795 or 1-800-562-3994

PORTSMOUTH
    154 High St., Portsmouth, NH 03802
    431-7411 or 1-800-334-3135

New Hampshire AFL-CIO president Mark MacKenzie

E-mail:solidarity@nhaflcio.org

AFL-CIO home webpage: www.nhaflcio.org/

Rep. Hector M. Velez, D-Manchester
    County Hillsborough , District 12
    269 Central St District:
    Manchester, NH 03103-4745 12
    Phone: (603 )647-8683
    Business Phone: (603) 623-0710
    hector.velez@leg.state.nh.us

Editorial #1:

www.theunionleader.com/Articles_show.ht ... &archive=1

Faceoff over civil rights and immigration legalities By STEPHEN SEITZ and DAN McLEAN Union Leader Correspondents

"I will not subscribe to the open-borders philosophy," Chamberlain told a crowd of about 30 members of the New Hampshire Immigrant Rights Task Force yesterday.

The group rallied first at the New Ipswich police station to protest Chamberlain's use of the state's criminal trespassing law to bring some attention to the federal government's failure to take custody of illegal immigrants his department has arrested.

The protesters, made up of various human rights and labor organizations from around New Hampshire, also delivered a letter of protest to Hudson Police Chief Richard Gendron.

"Everyone in the United States of America, regardless of immigration status, is entitled to equal protection under our nation's laws," Velez said.

The group also accused police departments of setting the stage for racial profiling through their actions.

The recently formed New Hampshire House of Representatives Immigration Caucus was led by Rep. David Buhlman, R-Hudson.

Bulhman said they came to formally recognize Gendron's "courage to stand up and apply these laws to apprehend those who are in the United States illegally, and who are, therefore, breaking our laws."

New Hampshire AFL-CIO president Mark MacKenzie, who attended the protest, said illegal immigrants are part of the economy "and that's the reality."

Charging illegal immigrants with criminal trespassing "is an embarrassment for New Hampshire," he said. "I think it paints us a right-wing, reactionary state."

Lily Mesa of Manchester said this practice will scare immigrants from calling police if they need help, causing a public safety issue.

Theo Amani of the NH Immigrants Rights Task Force stressed that while the group has no quarrel with police, they believe Chamberlain over-stepped his authority by applying the criminal trespass law to Ramirez â€â€
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I can't get past this one.......
    Theo Amani, a citizen of the Democratic Republic of Congo, and with the NH Immigrants Rights Task Force
    CITIZEN OF THE CONGO??? In the NH group???
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ACTUALLY, the human rights and civil rights organizations are confused. Not every person in the United States has "equal protection under the laws of the United States". The only rights anyone has in the United States are those "secured by the law".

Aliens do not have equal protection under the laws of the United States UNTIL they break the law. If the law is being here illegally, which I believe is the issue at hand with the trespass citation, as illegal entries, they have no rights except a deportation hearing which is a simple matter involving the simple prima facie evidence of whether or not they have papers to be here and if not, then they are to be deported immediately.

The Hudson Police Department may choose to prosecute for trespassing in which case as a criminal violator, if they are guilty of trespassing as they surely are on any New Hampshire soil, then they must pay the fine after a proper hearing (ensuring their equal protection under the law tp guarantee them a fair and impartial hearing) after which they are jailed in lieu of the fine or after they pay the fine they may be swiftly deported....along with the person from the:

CONGO, if he likewise lacks proper papers!!

I really DON'T know how ICE can resist not being at these protests with a BUS!! I mean this is "rich pickings" if you get my drift....

GO NEW HAMPSHIRE POLICE CHIEFS AND SHERIFFS!!

Arrest them,

Hear them,

Collect the Fines and Money,

Deport Them!!

Very Simple.

P. S. "Watch Your Backs!"
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

well said judy.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)