Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration and Unintended Consequences... (O'Reilly)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,148452,00.html

Immigration and Unintended Consequences...
    Wednesday, February 23, 2005
    By Bill O'Reilly

Hi. I'm Bill O'Reilly reporting from Southern California. Thanks for watching us tonight.

Immigration and the unintended consequences of it. That is the subject of this evening's "Talking Points Memo."

The Census Bureau (search) has released new information about how many people are coming to the USA. We'll give you the stats in a moment.

But the bigger question is: How does immigration affect you and me?

Here in L.A., immigrants are everywhere. They make the city more vibrant.--There's no question about that.

But there are problems as well. Many foreign-born people work in the service industry, and, generally speaking, the service is not good.

Last night, for example, I had to take a car to Universal City. The driver didn't speak English, didn't know where he was going. We got lost, 35 minutes driving around. Finally, I had to get out of the car, grabbed a ecurity officer, and she actually had to get inside the car and direct us to the location using sign language.

Now, I felt sorry for the driver. He was a nice guy just trying to make a living, but he had no clue.

The point is that whenever you have a huge influx of people in any situation, there are going to be problems.

"Talking Points" has said many times that America is a place of hope for millions of people all over the world. We should not shut out immigrants, but there must be discipline imposed on the immigration process. Right now, chaos is in the air.

The Census Bureau says that, in the last four years, about six million new people, both legal and illegal, have come into this country. Incredibly, the Census Bureau doesn't know how many are legal or illegal. It doesn't keep track of that.

Now I believe the number of immigrants who have come in here the last four years is much higher, and that's based on Border Patrol stats and government entitlement spending.

There's no question that the immigration situation is changing the country. Latin Americans now are 53 percent of the foreign-born population, a huge number, and Hispanics have overtaken African-Americans in population.

That's why the border hasn't been controlled. Both parties do not want to alienate Hispanic voters.

Uncontrolled immigration influences salaries, voting patterns, welfare payments, crime, real-estate values and scores of other things. The USA is changing drastically because of immigration, and the politicians have no idea what the unintended consequences of this situation will be, and that is a very, very frightening scenario.

And that's "The Memo."
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

And I do not see how we are changing for the better.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Quote Originally Posted by dataman
    And I do not see how we are changing for the better.
    Me neither. I think O'Reilly hit the proverbial nail on the head when he said the borders haven't been controlled because neither political party wants to alienate the very-important Hispanic vote.

That action is alienating the critical non-Hispanic sector, tho. Or have the politicians noticed? Do they even care?
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

They are starting to notice now because many of us are forcing them
    to notice the problems that are being created. I know more and
    more people--just regular people-- who are fed up with the whole immigration situation. Our amigos in washington have no choice but to notice.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Quote Originally Posted by dataman
    They are starting to notice now because many of us are forcing them
    to notice the problems that are being created. I know more and
    more people--just regular people-- who are fed up with the whole immigration situation. Our amigos in washington have no choice but to notice.
    I talked with two friends "of color" recently who both resent the Hispanic invasion. One man is being surrounded by them in his neighborhood and the other woman works at a large retailer and has to "service" and work with many of them. She called them "lazy."

The man says he hears gunshots that are fired in the air on holidays and has noticed the local police's disregard and obvious pandering to the groups. In other words, they ignore their breaking of the laws.

In this same neighborhood, a new house is being constructed on a small lot zoned for single-family dwellings. The elderly lady next door complained to some city office but nothing was done.

O'Reilly says: "Uncontrolled immigration influences salaries, voting patterns, welfare payments, crime, real-estate values and scores of other things."

I think I'll send O'Reilly the article about the diseases that are returning to America, diseases that had been eradicated here in a civilized land. THEY'RE BACK, thanks to illegal immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by janetgreen
    O'Reilly says: "Uncontrolled immigration influences salaries, voting patterns, welfare payments, crime, real-estate values and scores of other things.".

I think I'll send O'Reilly the article about the diseases that are returning to America, diseases that had been eradicated here in a civilized land. THEY'RE BACK, thanks to illegal immigration.
    But O'Reilly did go on to say "The USA is changing drastically because of immigration, and the politicians have no idea what the unintended consequences of this situation will be, and that is a very, very frightening scenario."

He's hitting hard on illegal immigration tonight with a segment on the drivers license issue and now on major metropolitan cities' sanctuary policies that prevent police from asking about immigration status when detaining ILLEGALS!

Maybe he'll pick up on the new disease "benefit" on his next attack on the illegal alien invasion!