Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Immigration Vote Leaves Obama Policy in Disarray

By JULIA PRESTON
    Published: December 18, 2010
    The vote by the Senate on Saturday to block a bill to grant legal status to hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrant students was a painful setback to an emerging movement of young immigrants and also appeared to leave the immigration policy of the Obama administration, which has supported the bill and the movement, in disarray.

Supporters of the “Dream Actâ€

Banned
    WHAT PART OF ITS NOT ABOUT LATINOS DO THEY NOT GET

I thought they were American senators ?

Executive Abuse is all he has left, and that will never happen now!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

....after invading my country, here illegally and should be deported, these illegal aliens are "holding a prayer vigil in the basement of the Capitol" ? ? ?

These people are nuts and it is beyond comprehension as to how far down the road we really are !

"Executive Order is all he has left!"
    That sentence alone is what scares the hell out of me!
    Especially come election time cause the Hispanic vote is all he has left also!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    "Executive Order is all he has left!"
    That sentence alone is what scares the hell out of me!
    Especially come election time cause the Hispanic vote is all he has left also!
    I don't think he would dare do that before or the closer he gets to the next election.....that is if he is running. It has always been my understanding that even an executive order can be overturned with a vote of 2/3 of the House and 2/3 vote of the Senate. Considering the road this administration is traveling and the November 2nd voter mandate, he will be fighting for his political life and hopefully ran out of town on a rail in 2012........ it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

After what Reid pulled, I don't trust any democRAT!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    After what Reid pulled, I don't trust any democRAT!
    I agree whole heartedly. But Reid is stupid....what he did IMHO was pure political theatrics. I think he knew from the beginning he didn't have the votes, but counted on ramming this nightmare act through just like they did healthcare. It didn't work. Those democrats that voted against it know exactly what the handwriting on the wall in 2012 would be for their careers if they voted for it. Obama is very, very clever and cunning. Every move he makes is calculated.....even though he lies and lies and lies. Think about it.....he doesn't author any legislation, he lets his minions Polosi and Reid do it. This is a man who has never had to get his hands dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by escalade
    Obama is very, very clever and cunning. Every move he makes is calculated.....even though he lies and lies and lies. Think about it.....he doesn't author any legislation, he lets his minions Polosi and Reid do it. This is a man who has never had to get his hands dirty.
    Yep. It was all obvious during his campaigning, but Americans were desparate for someone who cared about them. 'Bama used Slick's playbook: comforting bromides for everyone, even if those bromides are contradictory. Clinton got eight years with that nonsense, so I wouldn't write off Clinton II just yet. He does look a little like a one-term president, but as you said he is very clever and cunning. And like Clinton he'll do any verbal about face that he thinks will get him reelected. (Remember Clinton's about face re healthcare?)
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade