Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Are Immigrations Officials Patrolling Schools?

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=4819007&nav=0s3d

Click Here to Watch Video

Are Immigrations Officials Patrolling Schools?
    April 25, 2006 08:25 PM PDT

There are rumors of immigration officials stalking schools and day labor sites. It is prompting many illegal aliens to go underground.

Some parents are going as far as pulling their kids out of school out of fear immigration officials will pick them up.

AISD has confirmed through an insider e-mail that some parents have withdrawn their kids from school out of fear that immigration officials are sweeping the campuses.

You might call it the fear factor.

"We know some of the children have talked in school saying their parents were picked up," Susana Almanza with PODER said.

Community activists with PODER say families are being ripped apart with parents deported and kids left behind.

"We've heard from students already that their family members were deported. It's very frightening," Almanza said.

REcent immigration sweeps have fueled rumors that INS is targeting schools.

"Things are bad enough that AISD sent out an e-mail," Jim Harrington with the Texas Civil Rights Project said.

A memo to AISD principals advises them to tell students they are safe, that they have the right to speak to an attorney and to call the consulate if a family member is picked up. All the while, AISD's policy is to never ask if a student is in the country legally or not.

"We've been getting calls from people saying there might be raids of such. There was one that was widely publicized a week ago other than that we have no knowledge of any other raids," Consul General Jorge Guajardo said.

The Mexican consulate is in the "know" when it comes to deportation cases. While illegal immigrants don't seek out help, those being deported do. The consul general says he does not know of any current cases in which families are separated.

"The rumor mill has it that there have been a lot of raids. We have no evidence to the fact that there have been raids; however in this case, the rumors take over, and facts stop being relevant," Guajardo said.

Late Tuesday, AISD issued a statement saying that they have received no reports of immigration officials visiting any campus or that it will happen in the future.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That's not how it was in El Paso. I left El Paso in 1998 but still have friends living there. And I can tell you that Mexican (non-US citizen) children attend El Paso schools with complete immunity. In fact, the local school policy is that they will not ask any child about citizenship. I lived just two blocks from a large new High School. Each morning there was a caravan of cars from Mexico (with Mexican plates) dropping kids off for daily school. All tax free. We, the property owners had to pay three times the national average in property tax to support this free system. Since I left I have found out they have raised the tax two or three more times. Yet, when I worked in Mexico I paid Mexico tax, Mexico Visa, & US taxes. Great system.

Did I mention they many illegals use the El Paso hospitals for free, but if an American goes to the Hospital (bad idea) in Juarez, they have to pay the bill before they leave the hospital, or go to jail, or pay bribe.