Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Impact on Wages and Employment of Black Workers

Illegal Immigration: The Impact on Wages and Employment of Black Workers: by Vernon M. Briggs, Jr.

U.S. Civil Rights Commission
    April 4, 2008
    Washington, DC

Illegal Immigration: The Impact on Wages and Employment of Black Workers

Vernon M. Briggs, Jr.
    Emeritus Professor of Labor Economics
    Cornell University

Overall Perspective

Before addressing the specific issue of illegal immigration and its economic effects on black Americans, the broad subject needs to be placed in perspective. No issue has affected the economic well-being of African Americans more that the phenomenon of immigration and its related policy manifestations. Immigration defined the entry experience of the ancestors of most the nation’s contemporary black American community (as slaves who were brought as involuntary immigrants); it placed them disproportionately in the states that today comprise the “Southâ€
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

Send this to OBAMA AND HILLARY....THEY ARE IN COMPLETE DENIAL AND NONE OF THE DEM'S WANT TO TALK ABOUT IMMIGRATION ANYMORE....THEY NEED TO BE NAILED ON THIS ISSUE...THEY IGNORE OR MINIMIZE THE EFFECTS ON WORKING-CLASS BLACK AMERICANS

usatime Good find!!

I will pass this along,thanks for posting.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Those parents who are responsible enough to feel that they are ultimately the ones who should be paying the costs of raising their children wait to have them until they can afford them.

This means they delay having children and reduce their number of children until they reach that point. Their being responsible parents lowers their fertility rate.

As there are more people coming in with low skills the wage rate for those at that skill level goes down. At the same time those responsible American parents are still being taxed on their income and part of it supports the children of illegal aliens as they are net negative tax payers.

An argument is made by their supporters that without illegal aliens and their high fertility rate the population would go down. In fact we would rather see our income and our taxes support our own children.

The effect of our having an uncontroled immigration rate is indirectly genocidal.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Richard - very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Those parents who are responsible enough to feel that they are ultimately the ones who should be paying the costs of raising their children wait to have them until they can afford them.

This means they delay having children and reduce their number of children until they reach that point. Their being responsible parents lowers their fertility rate.

As there are more people coming in with low skills the wage rate for those at that skill level goes down. At the same time those responsible American parents are still being taxed on their income and part of it supports the children of illegal aliens as they are net negative tax payers.

An argument is made by their supporters that without illegal aliens and their high fertility rate the population would go down. In fact we would rather see our income and our taxes support our own children.

The effect of our having an uncontroled immigration rate is indirectly genocidal.
    Good point Richard!

Essentially, as an American Citizen, I cannot afford one child, but yet i'm obligated to subsidize an illegal who feels they deserve to have three or four(sometimes more) anchors on my dime!

It's disgusting!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Richard....I have a question for you because I do feel the blacks are more affected than any other race of citizens.

Blacks were DENIED an education. Purposly KEPT from learning the language. Not ALL, but most. Any drastic change takes generations to get over. I'm a woman.....I was denied taking SHOP class because I was female long after women were supposidly equal.

It seems that after decades of work....just at the moment we could almost say the changes were a success.....they bring in a new wave of people taking us back to square one. Enough to jump on the victim band wagon and enough who tried so hard they are kicked back to the beginning...again.

This bothers me and kills any hope of a better life.

Many blacks just started getting and benefitting from an education and freedom and financial success. Now many are back to lucky they complete high-school...let alone being fluent in Spanish to get a minimum wage job.

To me it's been 1 step forward and 10 steps back. In just MY lifetime....my Dad, a WHITE man, but poor, learned to read. Graduated from high-school because they gave him the degree if he signed-up for WW2. He served, got married, had 2 girls. I got chances the first time because of the civil rights movement....being a woman and all. Seems every single advancement has been fought for...yet I personally never got the benefit....to just almost get there.....just in time to have the rug pulled out again.....except now old.....to fight that AGAIN.

Personally.....I'm frustrated....how many times do you back up and bend over before you actually get a say?

Sorry.....but I went from "women not allowed", to the chance, and then expected "to be a man" and totally handle 1/2 if not all of everything. Single parenthood and all that entails, right down to men who think eating chocolate bon-bon's and having active sperm means they never have to WORK for anything. Can't tell you how many times I've heard "Woman? Ya...you got your RIGHTS...now do it ALL!!!!" I do it and then now....I must be Bi-lingual and am seen as evil and un-womanly because what? Had just 2 kids as an OLD person and never had 10 kids by 25? Tossed a few loosers to the curb to "break the cycle" of abuse...I had kids...think of the guilt thrown at those who spend a fortune just to have a kid because their "time clock" ran out.

I did everything they said to do. And now all the rules change. Again. Talk about LOST!!!!! I'm sure many others feel the same! Now that being here illegally and everything else is OK.