Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

INSANE! Feds Release 1 million ILLEGAL ALIENS!

4/16/2005
    By Stephen Dinan
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    Topics: Illegal Aliens, Crimes, Gangs, President, Congress, Senate, Republican, Democrat
    One million people facing immigration proceedings have been released into the general population, the government's chief of detention and removal told the Senate yesterday , prompting some Republicans to say the Bush administration is "not serious" about the problem.

Read the latest headlines about illegal immigration.

"We have a million individuals who are in some phase of immigration proceedings released," said Victor X. Cerda, the acting director of detention and removal operations for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

He said of those people, 465,000 are fugitive aliens who have been ordered deported. About 80,000 of those are criminal aliens who have committed an offense in addition to immigration violations, but he couldn't provide an exact number.

His comments came as an immigration debate in the Senate blocked most progress on the emergency war-spending bill. Pending amendments include cracking down on illegal immigrants' use of driver's licenses, increasing visas for seasonal nonimmigrant workers and legalizing up to 1 million illegal aliens who work in agriculture and their families.

Yesterday's hearing, before two subcommittees of the Judiciary Committee, is supposed to lay the groundwork for a comprehensive immigration bill, said Sen. John Cornyn, Texas Republican and chairman of the immigration subcommittee, which held the hearing along with Sen. Jon Kyl of Arizona, chairman of the terrorism subcommittee.

"No serious discussion of comprehensive immigration reform is possible without a review of our nation's ability to effectively secure its borders and enforce its immigration laws," Mr. Cornyn said.

Sen. Jeff Sessions, Alabama Republican, and Sen. Tom Coburn, Oklahoma Republican, demanded to know why Mr. Cerda was not doing more to have illegal aliens removed.

Mr. Sessions said ICE is far behind in entering the names of the 465,000 alien fugitives into law-enforcement databases, which means that if those people are picked up in another arrest, they would not be turned over to immigration authorities.

Jonathan Cohn, a deputy assistant attorney general, told the panel that court decisions over the years will result in the government having to release dangerous criminal aliens as well.

"The aliens that are being released include murderers, rapists and child molesters," Mr. Cohn said.

Members of the subcommittees also ended up taking sides on whether the Minutemen patrolling the Arizona border are "vigilantes," as President Bush called them.

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat, said he agreed with Mr. Bush's characterization, and told Mr. Cerda to let him know what the Department of Homeland Security's policy was on dealing with vigilantes.

(Please read this article on the ALIPAC Homepage and link in traffic to the article on our site. We are activating the ALIPAC Action Network on this news. The nation needs to know!)

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=N ... le&sid=347
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Already posted on a couple of them.
    Slow day.
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

I didn't see the other threads so I'll post on this one:

One million people facing immigration proceedings have been released into the general population, the government's chief of detention and removal told the Senate yesterday , prompting some Republicans to say the Bush administration is "not serious" about the problem.
    Not serious? More like total disregard for the problem if you ask me.

"We have a million individuals who are in some phase of immigration proceedings released," said Victor X. Cerda, the acting director of detention and removal operations for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
    Victor Cerda is another incompetent Clintonista that Bush refuses to get rid of. Actually incompetent isn't a strong enough word. Maybe outright traitorous idiot might sound a bit better. His idea of enforcement is to let them all go no matter what and come up with a bureaucratic excuse that sounds good.

He said of those people, 465,000 are fugitive aliens who have been ordered deported. About 80,000 of those are criminal aliens who have committed an offense in addition to immigration violations, but he couldn't provide an exact number.
    So the number is probably at least 3 times that amount if he's willing to admit that much. Totally unacceptable and inexcusable.

Yesterday's hearing, before two subcommittees of the Judiciary Committee, is supposed to lay the groundwork for a comprehensive immigration bill, said Sen. John Cornyn, Texas Republican and chairman of the immigration subcommittee, which held the hearing along with Sen. Jon Kyl of Arizona, chairman of the terrorism subcommittee.

"No serious discussion of comprehensive immigration reform is possible without a review of our nation's ability to effectively secure its borders and enforce its immigration laws," Mr. Cornyn said.
    Comprehensive? What are you talking about Mr Cornyn? Is that yet another code word for amnesty? No we don't need another comprehensive reform. We need to secure our borders and enforce our laws period. We need to set a goal to reduce the amount of illegals in 2008 to no more than about tens of thousands instead of tens of millions. We should allow the BP to build a wall as long, high and thick as needed and to eliminate any frivilous environmental laws that might get in the way. We should untie the hands of the BP and ICE to allow them to do whatever is necessary to round up the illegals. Instead of giving them red tape, give them the tools necessary to succeed in their mission. How about funding that increase in BP, detention beds and ICE agents like Congress passed back in last winter. The time for talking is over, the time for action that the majority has been calling for is now. NOW I say.

Sen. Jeff Sessions, Alabama Republican, and Sen. Tom Coburn, Oklahoma Republican, demanded to know why Mr. Cerda was not doing more to have illegal aliens removed.
    Wrong question. Sen Sessions with all due respect (and I do respect you because your one of the few Senators who actually has a pulse) your question really should have been why hasn't Mr. Cerda been fired for being the incompetent stooge that he is?

Mr. Sessions said ICE is far behind in entering the names of the 465,000 alien fugitives into law-enforcement databases, which means that if those people are picked up in another arrest, they would not be turned over to immigration authorities.
    Well Duh? Wait a minute. Far behind? They haven't even gotten out of the gates yet.

Jonathan Cohn, a deputy assistant attorney general, told the panel that court decisions over the years will result in the government having to release dangerous criminal aliens as well.

"The aliens that are being released include murderers, rapists and child molesters," Mr. Cohn said.
    This is shameful. The congress and El Presidente have the power to stop this insanity. Your going to tell me that the rogue courts have more power than our elected Congress and El Presidente put together? Then why do we even have elections then because it's obvious that our democracy has failed if our elected officials refuse to have the backbone to reign in these criminals in black robes? If the courts are making these inept decisions then they should be disbarred and removed from power. Congress and El Presidente can do this, but they refuse to because they are cowards. Our founding fathers wanted a government with checks and balances, not a government ruled by a few tyrants in black robes.

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat, said he agreed with Mr. Bush's characterization, and told Mr. Cerda to let him know what the Department of Homeland Security's policy was on dealing with vigilantes.
    Wonderful. The drunk filthhole bum is more concerned about Patriotic Americans rightfully and constitutionally defending their country then he is the 10,000 or more illegal aliens flooding our country per a daily basis. Why aren't they being called vigilantes instead of the Minutemen? What's the matter Ted? Can't find enough slaves to go clean your mansion, mow your lawn, do your laundry, or watch over your spoiled brat kids lately? I'm surprised you have enough time to hire your illegal alien labor when you spend almost 24/7 in a drunken haze trying to find another Mary Jo to go kill. This guy is a prime example of why there should be mandatory term limits in Congress. He should be in a jail cell for life, not serving in the US Senate.

Well this is the world I live in folks. We are witnessing the end of days. Where evil is looked upon as being good and the good are looked upon as being evil. We are witnessing the slow decay of our country as we know it whether you want to admit it or not. I never would have thought that I would wake up to the day where Patriotic Americans are looked upon as being criminals and criminals are looked upon as being patriots. Unbelieveable that there isn't a major outcry over this, yet Brittany Spears being pregnant makes headline news. I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE HOLLYWOOD IDIOTS, I CARE ABOUT WHAT'S HAPPENING TO MY COUNTRY. Does anyone else care?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm glad to know at least my Senator is against it ... I'll have to start harassing his office ... but I need to find some big guns or should I say somebody with "deep pockets" so somebody will listen
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"