Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

There is nothing stopping ICE from hitting these sanctuary cities. I would think it makes it a bit easier since the target has been set. Talking about businesses not getting hit, our area is saturated with illegals yet we don't hear much about the raids. Seems some dirty politicking is going on in Fresno.

WOW! I just heard this story on Local FoxNews. This looks more like a fight between the Hispanics and the Blacks. It showed the black churches supporting the 2% increase. Then they showed file footage of Cook County Hospital. Yep! You got it! This 2% is to save our county hospital that the illegal aliens are draining dry. Of course they didn’t say that openly, but we know, don’t we? It is the black community (legal citizens) that will suffer the most if the illegals shut down (bankrupt) this hospital. The illegal aliens will just move on to the next hospital!

They are to vote on this tomorrow (Monday Oct 1st), I’ll keep you updated.
    I wish we had more time; I’d start a phone/fax/email campaign like we are doing to Congress.

I don’t see how the unskilled, below minimum wage can live here. Maybe if we make the tax 25% it may drive the illegals back to Mexico?

FYI: This 2% increase in the sales tax would make it 0.11 (eleven) cents on the dollar. The highest sales tax in the country! What the hell, why not; Chicago already has the highest gas prices in the country. We frig’n rich, right?
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Quote Originally Posted by MadInChicago
    Just three months after the County Board voted to declare the county a "sanctuary" for immigrants, Stroger ally Commissioner William Beavers is introducing a measure Tuesday to temporarily revoke that status and allow the county to study its "fiscal impact."

It's now the "LEAVE IT TO BEAVER" show!
    They don't have a choice, ICE is suing Cook County and threatening raids as a result of their sanctuary policy.
    No, Actually it's the state of Illinois that’s being sued for a state law passed that made it easy for employers to skip checking immigration status.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Seriously, this sounds like Maldonado is just pulling another cheap, dirty, trick ala "The Race" in order to intimidate his fellows into not revoking the sanctuary status!!!!

I'm not buying for a second that this happened at all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Just three months after the County Board voted to declare the county a "sanctuary" for immigrants, Stroger ally Commissioner William Beavers is introducing a measure Tuesday to temporarily revoke that status and allow the county to study its "fiscal impact."

It's now the "LEAVE IT TO BEAVER" show!
    They don't have a choice, ICE is suing Cook County and threatening raids as a result of their sanctuary policy.
    No, Actually it's the state of Illinois that’s being sued for a state law passed that made it easy for employers to skip checking immigration status.
    Thanks Mad, I stand corrected. Either way, its definitely a step in the right direction.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

The Cook County officials (using that word loosely) are to vote in this today. As far as I know there is no way to get the results before the normal local news. If anyone gets the results, please post it.

It’s a NON vote! The bill is shelved until Oct 16th. No new tax and Cook County remains a sanctuary. Let see of Stroger will keep his word and move to remove sanctuary status.

http://www.wbbm780.com/Stroger-Defeated ... ax/1032602

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12