Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

interesting little read

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/050205X.shtml

Sorry I didn't put the story;it includes some material that may not seem appropriate.You can choose to read it.

I noticed he was driven into a "moral quagmire", that word alone gave him away. The article is a military-basher through and through, under the guise of Mr. Delgado being a thoughtful, serious kinda guy. While I have not been in Iraq, I do have relatives there. I don't doubt some things bad happen, you get bad apples in the military as everywhere else, but this whole pantload makes it sound as if this is the norm. No Way. Look at the hand wringing that went on over some panties on some heads.

No one criticized John McCain for use of one of those words.Except those he intended to offend.

RICK, How do I say this.....personally I'm not buying this tripe.

1. with the press up our guys exaust pipes and the PC attitude of the Pentagon etc. ...this would NEVER have been hidden.

2. We know many active military and they're some of the most honorable people I've had the honor to meet. Not to say that there aren't bad apples floating around, I'm not naive. But this group of US volunteers, according to my old soldier, LOL, are some of the finest he's seen.

3. It appears from this article that there is an agenda that's hidden.

4. The humanitarian work that our troops are doing in both Afghanistan and Iraq is outstanding and all too often hidden from public view thanx to our wonderful MSM. Too often they care for the kids and their parents at the great expense of their own safety.

???Where is the information about our youngsters writing home saying, "don't send me anything, I'll get by. Please just send stuff for the little kids." OR......."send some little shoes, no one here has shoes!" And inbetween picking up OUR WOUNDED they make special landings just to give a village kid's shoes.

5. When one joins the "Reserves/Guard" it appears that many are not aware that a "college degree" is not the only thing they're signing up for. It's called being in the Army/Air/Marines/Navy with the possibility that they just might be called upon to protect their nation. Some where shocked that they might actually have to serve! Some have been angry that we dare to call them up. But MOST OTHERS HAVE DONE THEIR DUTY HONORABLY WITHOUT ONE COMPLAINT although we know it wasn't on their Christmas gift list.

6. Our kids are in the line of fire every day. They're fighting the "bad guys" in the attempt to keep the fight off of our soil. {this is why I'm so furious with Congress & administration!!!} They've done amazingly well considering being hamstrung.

Yea, I could go on and on and on. Won't bore everyone-- but Rick, I smell shades of Nam and the FORD foundation et al doing their dirty work again. WON'T FLY THIS TIME.

I will be passing this along and thank you for bringing it to my attention. It will not go unanswered.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm not saying in anyway that this story is true-it is the NY media.Just thought it would be interesting.

Rick, I'm very appreciative that you brought this to my attention......it's now in the right hands.

IMHO, it was important that there was some reality posted to have a fair balance. I didn't think that you thought it was true.

BTW, this guy's giving an excuse for his own lack of courage in protecting his brothers..........sounds good, doesn't it? This little trick is old. I resent people like this because they are the reason that our Troops have been spit on in the past and again in the present. {my 2 cents}
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It Ain't So

I can tell you as a retired Army NCO that this just isn't happening regularly, widely, or publically. This sort of abuse would be an even bigger story that the whole prison thing, to think of American soldiers treating the very people they were there to liberate this way.

This kid read one too many of John Kerry's Vietnam atrocity war medal narratives.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

This kid read one too many of John Kerry's Vietnam atrocity war medal narratives

RARIUS.......... Now I know why I like you, LOL.

YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    RICK, How do I say this.....personally I'm not buying this tripe.

1. with the press up our guys exaust pipes and the PC attitude of the Pentagon etc. ...this would NEVER have been hidden.

2. We know many active military and they're some of the most honorable people I've had the honor to meet. Not to say that there aren't bad apples floating around, I'm not naive. But this group of US volunteers, according to my old soldier, LOL, are some of the finest he's seen.

3. It appears from this article that there is an agenda that's hidden.

4. The humanitarian work that our troops are doing in both Afghanistan and Iraq is outstanding and all too often hidden from public view thanx to our wonderful MSM. Too often they care for the kids and their parents at the great expense of their own safety.

???Where is the information about our youngsters writing home saying, "don't send me anything, I'll get by. Please just send stuff for the little kids." OR......."send some little shoes, no one here has shoes!" And inbetween picking up OUR WOUNDED they make special landings just to give a village kid's shoes.

5. When one joins the "Reserves/Guard" it appears that many are not aware that a "college degree" is not the only thing they're signing up for. It's called being in the Army/Air/Marines/Navy with the possibility that they just might be called upon to protect their nation. Some where shocked that they might actually have to serve! Some have been angry that we dare to call them up. But MOST OTHERS HAVE DONE THEIR DUTY HONORABLY WITHOUT ONE COMPLAINT although we know it wasn't on their Christmas gift list.

6. Our kids are in the line of fire every day. They're fighting the "bad guys" in the attempt to keep the fight off of our soil. {this is why I'm so furious with Congress & administration!!!} They've done amazingly well considering being hamstrung.

Yea, I could go on and on and on. Won't bore everyone-- but Rick, I smell shades of Nam and the FORD foundation et al doing their dirty work again. WON'T FLY THIS TIME.

I will be passing this along and thank you for bringing it to my attention. It will not go unanswered.

Sis, thanks for expanding on what I was trying to say! Good post.

WELCOME, DI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast