Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Iowa House votes to deny bail to illegal immigrants

More good news

Illegal immigrants would be unable to bail themselves out of jail and would also encounter a tougher time finding work in Iowa under a proposal approved today by the Iowa House.

Opponents said proposal would clog jails, perpetuate stereotypes and fuel hate against immigrants regardless of their legal status.

Republicans predicted the proposal would soon die and called it little more than a Democratic ploy to look tough on immigration during an election year.

“We’re passing a political document today against illegal immigration but you don’t need to worry that this will ever become law or reach the governor’s desk,â€

Rep. Beth Wessel-Kroeschell, an Ames Democrat, spoke against the proposal, which she said is unnecessary because federal laws already prohibit the illegal hiring of undocumented workers.
    Then START enforcing that law!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Rep. Beth Wessel-Kroeschell, an Ames Democrat, spoke against the proposal, which she said is unnecessary because federal laws already prohibit the illegal hiring of undocumented workers. She noted that Irish immigrants once faced opposition as well.
    The how come the law is not being enforced?

I guess we need to start passing laws that would make it against the law not to enforce the laws we already have on the books!

I think I said that right...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I guess we need to start passing laws that would make it against the law not to enforce the laws we already have on the books!

ROFLMAO!!

Quote Originally Posted by totallybeachin

ROFLMAO!!

ROFLMBO sounds good to me.