Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

IOWA: Illegal alien pleads guilty

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 7:43 AM CST
    Illegal alien pleads guilty

ARLINGTON, IOWA --- A citizen of Mexico pleaded guilty to charges he used bogus immigration documents to get a job at with a construction company in Arlington.

Aminadad Mendoza-Acevedo, 22, admitted possessing a false document and using a false resident alien card to gain employment. The plea came Jan. 7 in U.S. District Court in Sioux City. Authorities dismissed a charge of identity theft.

Mendoza-Acevedo will remain in custody until sentencing in April.

The possession charge is punishable by up to five years in prison. The use to obtain employment charge carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison.

Mendoza-Acevedo admitted he illegally crossed the border from Mexico in October 2005 with the aid of a smuggler. He said he falsely completed an I-9 employment eligibility form alleging he could work in the country until 2010.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement investigated the case.
    http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2008 ... 444877.txt
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is people like him that make it harder for the Legals to find employment. A lot of employers are afraid to take the chance that the cards are fake. I wish all employers would scan/verify instead of "just not risking it". It would cut down on illegals getting employment while allowing the Legals to pursue the American Dream.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great!!!

NOW HOPEFULLY THE EMPLOYER UNDERSTANDS IT'S GOING TO BE BENEFICIAL TO USE E-VERIFY SO HE DOESN'T HAVE PROBLEMS IN THE FUTURE

From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    It is people like him that make it harder for the Legals to find employment. A lot of employers are afraid to take the chance that the cards are fake. I wish all employers would scan/verify instead of "just not risking it". It would cut down on illegals getting employment while allowing the Legals to pursue the American Dream.
    This is the problem I keep trying to get the members of Congress to face, the damage being done to the real immigrants is so unfair it makes you want to bring out a 2x4 to get their attention.