Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ireland: Immigration is robbing our identity

Immigration is robbing our identity

Thursday October 04 2007

Kevin Myers' article on Immigration (September 5) should be read by every Irish person with any interest in the future of the Irish nation and its people.

The 2004 Citizenship referendum showed that 80pc of Irish people are opposed to mass, uncontrolled immigration. With a major monetary and economic crisis now underway, it is high time that the majority became more vocal in their opposition.

Anybody with a basic knowledge of Irish history knows of tragedies, struggles and hardships endured by the Irish people through centuries of oppression, during which the occupying power made every effort to erase all traces of a distinct Irish nation.

They would have succeeded in doing that had it not been for the many Irish men and women who worked in extreme adversity, and, in many cases, sacrificed life and liberty to ensure its survival.

The majority of Irish people have always been aware of how much we owe these patriots and held them in the highest esteem, while cherishing and upholding all that enables us to have the pride and self-respect that comes from belonging to a distinct and unique nation.

Nowadays, if we are to heed to the multicultural lobby, Irish nationality and identity are of such little consequence that an Asian, an African, and eastern European can be classed as 'new Irish' virtually as soon as they set foot on Irish soil.

With one stroke, what was won has been reduced to yellow-pack status -- low-grade, and available to all. Have the multiculturalists ever asked the immigrants if they want to be the 'new Irish'?

Since the Irish business establishment along with their political lackeys, mainly Fianna Fail, have decided that Ireland is now an economy rather than a nation, anything, including flooding the country with immigrants to undercut Irish workers, can be justified, in the name of 'the economy'.

The greatest examples of bigotry and intolerance in Ireland today are being displayed by the pro-immigration lobby towards Irish people who dare to be even mildly critical of what Myers correctly terms 'the tidal wave of immigrants'.

GERRY KINNEAVY
    OUGHTERARD, CO GALWAY

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/lette ... 15391.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just this morning I was talking to my daughter about if there was another country we could go to, I said I have not heard much of Ireland and here is an article on Ireland can not believe it!!

This is the UN and global corporations taking down every country....we are not alone in this.

Maybe we will have to all force our governments out of the UN and start a global boycott against these corportations, to stop them from flooding our country's with the whole worlds poor countries for cheap labor.

This is really getting big folks, we must stop this maddness in our own country and hope the rest of the world takes a stand with Americans in their own country....looks like they are finally getting sick of it also.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

This is the UN and global corporations taking down every country....we are not alone in this.

IT WASNT THAT LONG AGO THAT I WAS WONDERING WHY DO WE HAVE SO MANY ILLEGAL IRISH IN USA. BUT IF IRELAND IS BEING FLOODED WITH CHEAP LABOR, THEN MAYBE THE IRISH BORN ARE BEING PUSHED OUT OF THEIR OWN COUNTRY ECONOMICALLY.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Since the Irish [AMERICAN] business establishment along with their political lackeys, mainly Fianna Fail [GEORGE BUSH], have decided that Ireland [the UNITED STATES] is now an economy rather than a nation, anything, including flooding the country with immigrants to undercut Irish [AMERICAN] workers, can be justified, in the name of 'the economy'.
    My substitutions in brackets above.

Call the Senate: NO AgJOBS Amnesty !

Quote:
    Since the Irish [AMERICAN] business establishment along with their political lackeys, mainly Fianna Fail [GEORGE BUSH], have decided that Ireland [the UNITED STATES] is now an economy rather than a nation, anything, including flooding the country with immigrants to undercut Irish [AMERICAN] workers, can be justified, in the name of 'the economy'.

My substitutions in brackets above.
    THIS IS TRULY HAPPENING EVERYWHERE. THE GLOBALISTS WANT TO TURN THE ENTIRE WORLD INTO ONE BIG SWEAT SHOP

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Just this morning I was talking to my daughter about if there was another country we could go to, I said I have not heard much of Ireland and here is an article on Ireland can not believe it!!

Maybe we will have to all force our governments out of the UN and start a global boycott against these corportations, to stop them from flooding our country's with the whole worlds poor countries for cheap labor.

This is really getting big folks, we must stop this maddness in our own country and hope the rest of the world takes a stand with Americans in their own country....looks like they are finally getting sick of it also.
    A few years ago the Irish Government had a stroke of Genius. Through Centuries of occupation, the Irish people have held their culture together in the pubs. It was the place they got their main sources of news (and gossip). It was the place politics was argued, and bad policy was stopped. Now smoking has been banned in Ireland. At the same time, for the first time in Irish history, children must be out of the pubs by 7 (or is it 8, I can't remember). In the harsh climate people have been staying home. Where once any night of the week was standing room only, most pubs are now almost empty. The Government has been able to sneak in a number of laws such as the immigration issue before most of the people are aware of it. News casts seem to report what is happening after it has already happened, or is happening at that moment or first thing in the morning. This way the Irish have no time to fight or argue the law before it happens. The only flaw in the entire Government scheme is Bingo. Thus the news is traveling from old lady to old lady. Now the Government of Ireland, for the first time, is threatening to tax bingo winnings. This was not reported on any news source, this is what I have seen and heard with my own eyes and ears.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Kinneavy
    The greatest examples of bigotry and intolerance in Ireland today are being displayed by the pro-immigration lobby towards Irish people who dare to be even mildly critical of what Myers correctly terms 'the tidal wave of immigrants'.
    Good line. I'll memorize that.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!