Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: IRS Admits It Encourages Illegals To Steal Social Security Numbers For Taxes

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member 6 Million Dollar Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Yes, it is. And it should be sufficient cause for terminating the entire agency and replacing it with the FairTax, a retail consumption tax that solves all these issues, restores our liberty and privacy, helps curb illegal immigration and balance our trade deficits, levels the playing field for all of our businesses, frees our workers from both income tax and payroll taxes, it's so simple, so easy, so wonderful. I hope more Americans take the time to understand fully how it works and why it's the best economic development legislation ever presented to them on top of all the other tax-related benefits.
    I admit, I'm one of those people who don't know how the FairTax works. Hell, I have never even heard of it before.

But one place we can certainly start is by holding the IRS accountable for this. Of all people, the IRS should NOT be condoning illegal behavior.
    Last edited by 6 Million Dollar Man; 03-01-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Oh, well, the FairTax, HR 25, is legislation that abolishes the IRS and repeals the income tax, all types, personal income, corporate income, payroll, gift, dividend, capital gains, estate and interest taxes. It replaces it with a national retail sales tax on new products and services of 23%, 14.91% for general revenue and 8.09% earmarked to robustly fund Social Security and Medicare.

The tax is paid at point of purchase like any sales tax, collected by the retailer and reported on the state sales tax form, then forwarded to the states who then forward a single state FairTax payment to the federal government. Both the retailers and the states are compensated for their service with a % of what they collect.

There is also a Rebate feature if you want it for all US citizens and legal residents based on the number of adults in the household which are rebated at one rate and the number of children (everyone must be a citizen or legal immigration per the legislation) at a much lower rate.

The entire rebate process is handled by the Social Security Administration, so no cheating will get by them. Illegal aliens of course are disqualified from the rebate. It's voluntary, you can sign up, very simple, everyone who is a citizen or legal immigrant is eligible, all that is required is your name, SS and address or if you don't want it, you do nothing. If you sign up, you update it when there are changes. They'll have smart cards or direct deposit available which is encouraged to save the cost of sending checks, but checks will be available.

The purpose of the rebate is to exempt an amount of money for necessities from the FairTax, similar to what the personal exemptions do on income tax forms, but actually higher than what was on the income tax forms before the tax cuts this year.

It's revenue neutral at the 23% rate based on tax rates that were in effect in 1999 when the legislation was first introduced. It would probably generate a surplus now that rates are lower. It's also embedded in the price, but you receive a receipt that shows how much was for the FairTax.

Education and charity are exempt, as are all used good purchases, used house (not brand new), used cars, used equipment, clothing, etc., etc. No FairTax on any used good purchase, all exempt.

But charity is only exempt if you don't sell your charity, so if you're Catholic Charities for example collecting government money to handle refugees or whatever, you have to collect the FairTax. If you're a charity hospital selling medical care you have to charge the FairTax. It basically shuts down all these rich phony charities selling their "good works" for money. Any charity you give away of course is exempt.

10 economists spent over 3 years studying our country, doing focus interviews with the people and businesses of our country, then got together to come up with this proposal. It's as perfect a tax plan as I could ever imagine and so fine, that states, counties and cities should abandon all their non-sales tax plans like property and income tax, get rid of all of them, and increase their sales taxes with a rebate to convert to state and local FairTaxes. That would be the ultimate freedom. You just shop when you want and more when times are good and less when they're not so good. No forms, no bills, no harassment, no liens, no foreclosures, no harm or threats, no invasion of privacy.

If you have any questions, let me know. I hope more people spread the word!!
    Last edited by Judy; 03-02-2018 at 12:33 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Lots of good research. In addition to checking for ID theft of our aging or deceased parents Social Security numbers, check to make sure they are not still voting. Also, if aging parents are in a care facility check their voting status because they may not even know that they are voting.

ID theft by illegals targeting children under the age of 13 reached a crisis level in the state of Utah where there is a big ski industry . It seems that college kids that used to work at ski areas have been replaced by cheap illegal labor in many places across the West. The video report seems to only be available at the link.

Child identity theft in Utah is growing, but you can protect your children

By: Don Hudson

VIDEO REPORT AT LINK.

Salt Lake City, Utah -

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 Utah) Is someone using your child's social security number Can you even answer that question? Chances are you have their social security card is in a safe place, but their number could be one of the estimated 80 thousand being used illegally - right now - in Utah.

In this ABC 4 Utah special report on child identity theft, we look into the depth of the problem and we show you how you can protect your child's ID.

Let's begin by introducing you to eight-year-old Carter. The Utah boy is a typical school aged kid. Homework every night, play time before bed time and thousands of dollars of earned income from his job in Park City. What? That's correct. His mother, Jennifer Poulter Evans says his social security number shows a lot of earned income and it's been happening for years. "They told me that wages were being reported to my 3-year-olds social security number." "I was totally shocked. I didn't even know that could happen." But it did.

Five years ago Jennifer found out someone had used her son's social security number to get a job. "I had no idea what to do. I had no idea who to talk to." She filed a police report, but nothing happened. She says even with the help of Utah Attorney General's investigators, it took a couple of years before anything significant happened. "It took two and half years to find her. They had gone to apprehend her and she had just moved." The she that Jennifer is talking about is Lidia Aguirre Chavez. She pled guilty to three felonies - two identity fraud charges and one forgery charge.

Kevin Pepper, who is a special agent with the Attorney General's Secure Strike Force deals with cases just like this. "In the last year alone there are over seven hundred victims whose cases I am attempting to open up." Pepper says his agents have busted so called "ID mills" and solved dozens of cases. "These mills are manufacturing resident alien cards and social security cards with a lot of child's social security numbers on them." The Attorney General's office says agents have handled 65 cases in the last 18 months and they have prosecuted 44 people.

However, Pepper knows this isn't doing much because the problem in Utah is overwhelming. "There are a lot of numbers out there that are being used by undocumented aliens." And when Pepper says a lot - he means a lot. Dr. Ronald Mortensen is a former Foreign Service Officer and expert on illegal immigration and identity theft issues. "It's now estimated that 80 thousand kids have their identities being used by somebody else." He says ID theft involving children in Utah is at a crisis level. "Kids records, medical records can be corrupted. Because if someone is using that social security number that can get mixed in with their records. So, all of sudden they go from A positive to B negative. Or they have allergies or their allergies are taken out. It's almost to the point of being life threatening. That is how serious it is."

Jennifer agrees and says despite the conviction against the woman using her son's number - his ID problems are not behind them. "I have no idea how it is going to effect him when he is an adult and needs his social security number."

ABC 4 Utah wants to help protect your child's identity and social security number. One of the best ways to do this is to head the the Utah Attorney General's website and sign your child up on the Child Identity Protection - IRIS site. It is an incredible protection tool.

First, go to: http://www.idtheft.utah.gov/

Then click the "child identification protection" button. Which will take you to:
    https://cip.utah.gov/cip/SessionInit.action

Once here - click the "begin" button which will take you to: https://cip.utah.gov/cip/beginSessionInit.action
    You will need your driver's license or valid state ID and the social security numbers of your children.

Upon receipt of an enrolled child's information via CIP, TransUnion will take fraud prevention steps, including but not limited to putting portions of that information into its High Risk Fraud database.

As a journalist - I can tell you child ID theft is a huge issue - with thousands of victims.
    As a journalist - I have heard of the horror stories of trying to get control of your child's social security number and ID.
    As a journalist - I don't believe I should tell you what to do.
    However, as a parent and fellow Utahn, in this case I am pleading with you - please protect your child's identity.

If you want to see a map of the reported ID thefts - go to: http://iris.utah.gov/iris/public/map.do Just select the FILTERS and hit GO.

http://www.good4utah.com/good4utah/c...dren/206403338
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Oh, well, the FairTax, HR 25, is legislation that abolishes the IRS and repeals the income tax, all types, personal income, corporate income, payroll, gift, dividend, capital gains, estate and interest taxes. It replaces it with a national retail sales tax on new products and services of 23%, 14.91% for general revenue and 8.09% earmarked to robustly fund Social Security and Medicare.
    So what about low income people on SS who currently pay no income tax? How does this help them? I read what they said on the fairtax website, but I'm not sure I agree with their assessment. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by imblest View Post
    So what about low income people on SS who currently pay no income tax? How does this help them? I read what they said on the fairtax website, but I'm not sure I agree with their assessment. Maybe I'm missing something.
    For people who pay no income tax now, it's a wash. They would receive the rebate if they sign up for it and if it's a couple, then they would receive whatever the amount is, it's adjusted every year, the last one posted is for 2015, which is $451 a month, it's higher now of course, but I don't know what it is, probably $470 or $480 a month. If it's a single person, then it's half that amount or $226 in 2015, so now probably $230 to $240. They would also not have to worry about filing a tax return every year. And when they pass away, their families wouldn't ever have to file anything with the IRS or be out any expense in that regard. Plus, the FairTax funds SS and Medicare robustly, so it could result in higher SS benefits. There's a great deal of concern for low income Americans on SS, it's not enough to live on as things currently stand. They have a very very difficult time if there is no other pension or retirement account to supplement. I honestly don't know how they survive quite frankly.
    Last edited by Judy; 03-02-2018 at 03:43 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12