Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Irving: help bolster city officials!

IRVING, Texas (AP) - Irving city officials targeted by Latino groups say they've received hundreds of phone calls and e-mails supporting a police program that identifies suspects for possible deportation. That's since about 2,000 protesters marched on City Hall last week.

But Carlos Quintanilla, an organizer of Wednesday's rally, disputed the claim and said the mayor and his staff are just trying to rally their bases.

Quintanilla and other activists asked the crowd during the protest to call City Hall and demand a stop to the Criminal Alien Program, which allows jailers to identify suspected illegal immigrants and refer them to immigration authorities.

But city officials say that of the nearly 500 calls and more than 250 e-mails received the day after the protest, few were against the program.
    http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/10153676.html

I already emailed them a couple of days ago. I think they need support. I'm glad I did. I may email again.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK Sam hope it helps, we have to at least try to help each other and stand together!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Email sent!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do you really believe Carlos?

Quote Originally Posted by USA_born
    I had heard an interview on the Mark Davis show (WBAP 820) here in Dallas with one of the Irving City officials (I can't say if he was on the council or if he worked for the police department) but he said that he had it on tape where Carlos was actually asking them to do this program. Mark Davis asked him to repeat what he said and he said yes that when they met with Carlos and other activists to discuss how the city would approach this several months ago that they recorded the meeting and that it was a three hour recording and that Carlos was asking for Irving to do this.

So either he wanted them to do this because he saw it as a platform to then later grand stand on for media attention or he really wants illegals to be deported.
    You be the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagmar
    Quote Originally Posted by USA_born
    I had heard an interview on the Mark Davis show (WBAP 820) here in Dallas with one of the Irving City officials (I can't say if he was on the council or if he worked for the police department) but he said that he had it on tape where Carlos was actually asking them to do this program. Mark Davis asked him to repeat what he said and he said yes that when they met with Carlos and other activists to discuss how the city would approach this several months ago that they recorded the meeting and that it was a three hour recording and that Carlos was asking for Irving to do this.

So either he wanted them to do this because he saw it as a platform to then later grand stand on for media attention or he really wants illegals to be deported.
    You be the judge.
    Thanks. Yeah, I catch Mark Davis every once in a while. I'm not in Dallas but I can pick up the signal.

Thanks for everyone supporting them.

/quote]

Thanks. Yeah, I catch Mark Davis every once in a while. I'm not in Dallas but I can pick up the signal.[/quote]

WBAP does internet streaming also if you cant get the signal

wbap.com