Letter to the Editor of the Gainesville Times:
It's good to see that state law sends illegal aliens elsewhere

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/st ... 4492.shtml
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LETTER

Hallelujah, Hallelujah! Maybe, just maybe, our politicians have found a solution to some of our illegal immigrant problems.

It appears that a long overdue Georgia law has sent some of them packing back across the border. Some of our used car dealers in Gainesville have been selling their cars to illegal aliens with the knowledge of same. According to The Times article Aug. 19, "New tag law puts a dent in used car sales," some of the car dealers knew they were selling to Hispanics with fake drivers' licenses. If that be the case, then why shouldn't they be prosecuted for it? Evidently there is not a law on the books against that sort of thing.

The article says that the Hispanics are going to Tennessee. Well, to that I say "Hallelujah" once again. Thank you, Casey Cagle, and those who are responsible for this exodus.

Now to those illegal immigrants who are moving back to Mexico, I say when you go through the proper channels like normal law-abiding citizens have done, then come on back. I welcome all who want to become legal, productive, taxpaying citizens of this wonderful country.

And to all you do-gooder, pro-amnesty activists who are probably living off welfare and other government subsidies and advocate lawlessness in this country by saying you think all illegal immigrants should remain here. And you call us hard-working taxpayers racists, bigots and other names I cannot put here. Let's see what you think of this tidbit of news concerning an illegal immigrant criminal.

Elvira Arellano hid in a church in Chicago for a year to avoid a deportation order. She was deported in 1997, she returned here illegally, moved to Chicago and used a false Social Security number to get a job at O'Hare airport, where she had unlimited access to commercial aircraft. Now doesn't that make you feel safe when you board a plane knowing she could just as well have been a terrorist?

Instead of deporting this woman immediately, she was turned loose with instructions to surrender to authorities last August. She was arrested in Los Angeles and the dense immigration activist Javier Rodriguez is screaming, "How dare they arrest this woman for breaking the law?"

This woman is a fugitive from justice. It is apparent you so-called immigration activists have no concept whatsoever of what the rule of law means in this country. And to you pro-amnesty goons, I say "Phooey on you."

Paul S. Barnes
Flowery Branch, GA