Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by rickesteves
    The worst part of the illegal immigration wave is that they've managed to make us uncomfortable in our own home.
    ABSOLUTELY!!!! .. and it's VERY INTENTIONAL!
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Phone call

As they say on Jones Street, this ain't about the chirren, it's about bidness.
    I just received a call from some Longshormen friends of mine. They cordially invite Ms. Shehan to come down to Wilmington to the State Port or MOTSU and they'll be happy to tell her their
    "chirren are their bidness".
    Not hers or anyone else's. They say they are hard working Legal Americans who have to pay for their own children's college education. They want to know if she realizes how much it costs to go to Harvard and why can't they receive in state tuition there if illegal immigrants should get in state tuition here. They feel they should be qualified for in state tuition due to the nature of their American Citizenship!!!

What do ya'll think?

Re: Phone call

Quote Originally Posted by good12me
    As they say on Jones Street, this ain't about the chirren, it's about bidness.
    I just received a call from some Longshoremen friends of mine. They cordially invite Ms. Shehan to come down to Wilmington to the State Port or MOTSU and they'll be happy to tell her their [quote:147k06kc]"chirren are their bidness".
    Not hers or anyone else's. They say they are hard working Legal Americans who have to pay for their own children's college education. They want to know if she realizes how much it costs to go to Harvard and why can't they receive in state tuition there if illegal immigrants should get in state tuition here. They feel they should be qualified for in state tuition due to the nature of their American Citizenship!!!

What do ya'll think?
    [/quote:147k06kc]

Dear Ms. Sheehan,

I read your article today on the In-State Tuition Bill titled “It’s Just Smart Politics�. I wanted to let you know that I found it demeaning to the thousands of Americans who work every day plucking nearly half frozen chickens; cleaning motels rooms; mowing laws; doing construction work; washing dishes and are proud of their job and grateful for the work opportunity. Yes, everyone wants to move up and many do. But for whatever reason, a “job in hand� is worth “none in the bush�….if you get my drift, “wink, wink�.

Your article put down poor working people in North Carolina who are fighting to keep the jobs they have and to get the ones back they lost. The HB 1183 tuition bill is just one of many legislative and legal issues facing all North Carolinians and all Americans that is hurting the American family and pushing many into poverty.

I’m glad you have a nice job with the News & Observer, but am also sorry it has isolated you from the reality of illegal immigration in the United States and the adverse impact on North Carolina.

There are 64 Counties in North Carolina as of Feb 05 with unemployment rates of 5.9% or greater, more than 10% above the state and national averages. In Apr 04, there were only 42 Counties in North Carolina that made this List. In less than 10 months of uncontrolled massive illegal immigration into North Carolina, the impact has spread from 42 counties to 64 now covering 64% of the geographic area by county of this state.

I’m very glad that this has not affected you, personally, but for the 125,000 unemployed North Carolinians in just these 64 counties, the reality is a hardship obviously beyond your comprehension.

The lawmakers that withdrew their support from this bill recognized the long term affects of illegal immigration and know that any inducement to encourage more into the state, such as the In-State Tuition Bill, will amplify a problem already of monumental proportions. The North Carolina worker is squeezed between loss of manufacturing jobs and a SHUT OUT to new jobs being created by the other sectors of the economy as in the retail, service and construction sectors, in violation of all US Immigration Laws, US Labor Laws, and US Civil Rights Laws when all these jobs are being filled by illegal aliens.

You may be familiar with the Equal Employment Opportunity Act. I’m sure your employer observes it which is why you and your fellow workers at the News & Observer enjoy these protections under the law. Illegal workers are hired in direct violation of this act violating the Civil Rights of American Citizens.

And, for your information Hispanics are part of the Caucasian Race just like any White American. They are an ethnic group, just like any person from Italy, Spain, France, England, Norway, Ireland, Russia, Poland, Germany, etc. You are confused by what you apparently didn’t know. You may consult the US Census for “Race� verification if facts on this topic should ever be of interest to you because Hispanics are Caucasian and illegal aliens are in the United States from every country, every race, and every ethnic group in the World.

If you would like a copy of the unemployment study, please let me know. Mr. Easterbrook has a copy. The source is the North Carolina Employment Security Commission. You can access the information at www.ncesc.com.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You Rock!

Judy,
    You are my hero! You rock! You are the bomb -- shell if you get my drift -- wink, wink. (At my age, I prefer being a bombshell rather than the bomb)! Know what I mean, wink, wink?

You go girl! We're proud!

Thanks!!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by watchman
    Quote Originally Posted by rickesteves
    The worst part of the illegal immigration wave is that they've managed to make us uncomfortable in our own home.
    ABSOLUTELY!!!! .. and it's VERY INTENTIONAL!
    Soooo true! I sometimes feel like a visitor in a foreign land somewhere. Ot-oh, I don't even have a passport. My God, where am I!? This IS America, isn't it!?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Soooo true! I sometimes feel like a visitor in a foreign land somewhere. Ot-oh, I don't even have a passport. My God, where am I!? This IS America, isn't it!?
    that's the "old" American;this is now los Estados Unidos

Three-fourths of North Carolinians think the United States admits too many legal immigrants.
    Raleigh News Observer, November 2003.
    The Raleigh News Observer should know from its own published poll that 75% of North Carolinians think the United States admits too many "legal" immigrants.

Now since the Raleigh News Observer report of 2003, tens of thousands of new illegal aliens have entered North Carolina taking thousands of jobs away from North Carolinians. Really smart politics would know that the vast majority of North Carolinians would be even more opposed to any inducement to more illegal immigration into this state.

Why would anyone think that only a "small minority" would be opposed to any legislation inducing more illegal aliens to North Carolina for any reason, let alone to attend our esteemed colleges and universities?

So, why do we have attempts by an unbaised free press and a tax-exempt 501 C 3 public charity using concepts of "chirren", "bidness" and "litters" to contradict basic fact, professional polls, common knowledge and human reasoning to lobby a bill that the people clearly don't want?

Are they trying to Force That Dog to Hunt--or what?

Mr. Gheen, you are aboslutely correct when you told the Associated Press that most people in North Carolina don't think HB 1183 should have been introduced to begin with, because clearly, since at least 2003, 75% of the people of North Carolina do not want any more immigrants of any kind.

Therefore, given the long standing position of the people of North Carolina on immigration as well as the recent polls showing that 90% of North Carolinians oppose HB 1183, I URGE ALL SPONSORS to drop this bill and Give that Dog Some Peace!

Thank you for considering this request.

Too many legal immigrants or too many from certain regions?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast