Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"It's like it never happened" Terry family on agen

"It's like it never happened": Terry family on agent's murder
    Posted: Feb 16, 2011 9:49 PM CST Updated: Feb 16, 2011 9:49 PM CST

Reporter: Joel Waldman

TUCSON, Ariz. (KGUN9-TV) – Murdered Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry is remembered as an American hero. But, two months and one day after someone gunned him down in the southern Arizona desert, Brian's family says the government he bravely worked for has forgotten him, "Is it upsetting for your family that you're still not getting answers?" KGUN9 asked. "Oh yeah, we're left in the dark here. I mean, the only time you ever hear anything is from the media out there where you're at (Tucson). But, as far as out here (Michigan), it's like it never happened," said Kent Terry, Jr., Brian's older brother.

"I'm devastated! It brings us back to day one. Here you are thinking you have the right people in custody and now they're saying they don't! Do we have the right people?" asked Brian's sister, Kelly Terry. Apparently not; as KGUN9 news first reported earlier this week, three of the four suspects originally detained in this case pleaded down to misdemeanor immigration crimes and will be deported.

"Have you heard anything about this fourth suspect, I mean, are you getting any information at all?" KGUN9 asked. "The only thing I heard is what you just said. There was one illegal wounded at the scene. That's the last I heard of it. And, the only thing I heard of it," said Kent.

Officials will just say that fourth suspect was wounded. But, they won't say how he was wounded, or if he'll even be charged in connection with Brian's death.

And, now, another wound. Iowa's Senator Charles Grassley wrote a letter today to the Attorney General of the United States, Eric Holder. The letter reads, in part, "…when asked whether Alcohol Tobacco & Firearms (ATF) had encouraged any gun dealer to proceed with sales to known or suspected traffickers such as Avila, the briefers said only that they did not have any "personal knowledge" of that."

Senator Grassley says ATF whistle blowers told the senator guns used in the shooting death of Brian came from a Glendale gun shop and that agency knew of the sale. Those whistle blowers told the senator it was a botched operation.

"As far as the ATF to do that, as far as I'm concerned the blood's on their hands. They should never have done that. Them (sic) guns should've been destroyed not put back on the market for them bandits to get a hold of," added Kent.

Carolyn Terry, Brian's stepmother, praised Senator Grassley for pursuing an investigation into the ATF. She wrote this email to him, "It's hard to accept that our son was shot and murdered with a gun that was bought in the U.S. we have not had any contact from the border patrol or any other agents since returning home on the 22nd (of January). Our calls are not returned. I truly feel that our son's death is a cover-up and they hope that we will go away."

KGUN9 contacted Grassley's office this afternoon and was told the senator is not speaking publicly on this yet.

In a senate committee meeting, Grassley claims that on December 16, one day after Brian died, ATF tracked two serial numbers on guns found at the scene back to Jaime Avila, a suspected trafficker. Grassley claims the ATF tracked those same guns to that same dealer one year earlier, but then let the guns slip through their fingers.

http://www.kgun9.com/global/story.asp?s=14046416

Senator Chuck Grassley Letter to US Attorney General Eric Holder

http://judiciary.senate.gov/resources/d ... Holder.pdf

It's terrible what these federal agencies both do and don't do. I really hope Grassley gets to the bottom o it and truly appreciate his efforts to do so.

This is the fall-out of a policy to pick and choose illegal aliens to deport, a duplicitous policy that says on the one hand, "oh, it's okay if you break US immigration law, just confine your activities to stealing American jobs and benefits and services and tax credit welfare using fraudulent documents and fake Social Security numbers, just don't do anything big like murder someone and you can stay here and continue to rob US blind", while on the other trying to stop gun and drug smugglers on the very borders you've promised to keep open to better serve illegal aliens.

How can you have a policy like this? They're all criminals. They've all broken the law. Treat them all equally under the law and deport them all. Then guard the borders and keep them out. What is so hard about that??!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Absolutely Unbelievable.

All one can do is shake their head at the stupidity and amazement that has become of this case since the murder.