Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It's time to crack down on illegal immigration

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/my ... 740580.htm

Posted on Sun, Jan. 29, 2006

HARMFUL RESULTS
    It's time to crack down on illegal immigration
    By Jim Foley

On Dec. 13, my letter was published concerning my daughter's auto accident involving an illegal immigrant. I encouraged the news media and the public to speak out about this epidemic that is invading our area. I am not suggesting that all illegal immigrants are bad people, but they are illegal and must enter our country as our ancestors did, by legal channels.

I thought I would see a large public response. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Do you need to have one that you love die before you speak up or do something to fix the problem?

I started out by going to the court hearing for the individual involved in my daughter's accident. Guess what? He didn't show up and forfeited his bond of $258.

The judge allowed me to address the court about my anger at the system, specifically the U.S. immigration service's failure to uphold the law.

I am a newly retired police supervisor and am well aware of our crowded jails, but does that excuse us from doing our sworn duty when we have a violation of the law? What part of "illegal" don't we understand. I have begun my crusade, and I need your help. I have contacted several of our state representatives and senators, as well as our U.S. representatives.

I have received two responses and one is from our U.S. representative.

One local radio station has seen fit to broadcast the need to address this issue based on my daughter's situation.

Recently, I opened The Sun News and saw on the front page a most disturbing picture, a young woman, Caroline Dargan, holding a picture of her mother, a mother she will never hug again. I saw a picture of a husband, Waldeck Dargan, who will not enjoy the companionship of a wife during their golden years. Why should such a story hit home? The two boys who ran over Joyce Dargan were in this country illegally. They are juveniles and, according to the article, will be dealt with. Does it take a woman to die before we face reality? I brought up some questions in my earlier letter and I'm going to ask them again. Is cheap, illegal labor worth one life? Are we going to close our eyes to illegal drivers on our roadways? Are we going to let illegal immigrants post bail never to be seen again? Are we going to hold our legal system accountable for releasing illegal immigrants who violate the law?

I hope that all of you look long and hard in the mirror and say its time to make things tough. Those who hire illegal people and get caught should face such devastating penalties that they think twice about doing it. I sure know that my daughter's life is worth more than $258. Please join me in getting our news media, legislators and national leaders to empower local law enforcement officers to hold illegal immigrants until the immigration services respond. Don't let another life be lost because we closed our eyes.

I'm lucky; my daughter didn't die but came very close. My heart goes out to the Dargan family and all the families who have experienced a loss under these circumstances.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The writer lives in Myrtle Beach.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We should recruit this guy.

Country cursed by plague of illegal aliens

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/my ... 790607.htm

Posted on Sat, Feb. 04, 2006

IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT
    Country cursed by plague of illegal aliens
    By Nan Norman

Thank you, [Jim Foley] for having the courage to write Sunday about such a politically delicate topic - namely, the scourge of illegal immigration that is presently raping our country.

On Oct. 13, my world changed as I learned of the death of my neighbor and friend, Joyce Dargan, who was struck and killed by two illegal immigrants who were drag racing at 79 mph down Restaurant Row. These men attended a local high school, drove themselves daily without licenses, worked in Myrtle Beach, and had been stopped by police on two occasions just a few weeks earlier.

If our police had had the data bank of information presently being proposed by our lawmakers, Joyce would still be here with us. Instead, she is gone, and we have lavished the lawbreakers with the best America has to offer - free medical care, psychological counseling and a fair trial.

Yes, the pain you saw in the faces of Joyce's family in The Sun News is but a glimpse into the anguish, loneliness, river of tears and heartache that haunt them each day. Now when I look out my window, I no longer see the birds and trees, I see the spot where a beautiful woman was brutally robbed of her life at her mailbox, a family left with a crater of void, and a community less a strong leader.

I feel resentment that the country my father went to war to protect is gradually losing its perspective and robbing us, its children, of our American Dream.

As a law-abiding citizen, I am angry that there are lawbreakers among us who are being rewarded unjustly with all the benefits our great country has to offer with none of the cost.

When I was 9 years old, I sat in the front row during my mother's naturalization to become a citizen of the United States. She pledged allegiance to the flag, obtained a social security card, learned to drive and [agreed to] obey the laws. [She] pays her taxes and contributes daily to making our country better. Most important, she loves our country and cherishes being an American. Our ancestors shed blood and tears for freedom from fear and tyranny, and now we are meekly drifting backward and giving our country away under the guise of generosity.

Be bold, fellow citizens, elect politicians who do what is right, and do what is right yourself, and don't lose sight of your responsibilities that accompany your inalienable rights.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

i was there when Joyce was killed, i saw the accident myself.

stupid kids, really. it all happened so fast and she was just checking her mail.

illegal or no, they should pay for what they did to that family

Insertcoolname, Welcome to ALIPAC.

Let me know if you decide on a different name, I can change that for you. Where did these murders and injuries happen? Myrtle Beach?

William Gheen
    President, ALIPAC

Welcome, coolname!

Yes, William.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-15315.html