Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

J.D. Hayworth Blasts Immigration 'Intimidation'

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006 ... shtml?s=lh

Sunday, April 2, 2006 10:55 a.m. EDT

J.D. Hayworth Blasts Immigration 'Intimidation'

Arizona Rep. J.D. Hayworth said Saturday that the pro-illegal immigration demonstrations that have swept the nation in the last two weeks send a message of "intimidation" to the general public, which overwhelmingly supports tougher measures on border security.

"To those who say this is simply freedom of expression, I would beg to differ," Hayworth told Westwood One radio host Monica Crowley. "Because under-girding this is the intimation of intimidation."

The Arizona Republican complained: "When you see the Mexican flags and other flags - rather than American flags - being hoisted at these demonstrations, you essentially are getting this message: 'Yes, we are here illegally. No, we do not believe this to be your country. We do not believe in your laws . . . and we don't believe you're going to do anything about it.'"

Hayworth rejected comparisons between the immigration protests and the 1960s civil rights movement, saying the new demonstrations are "totally different."

Back then, he said: "United States citizens were lawfully petitioning their government and assembling for the redress of grievances - specifically that lawful, legal citizens were denied their rights because of the color of their skin."

"What you have at these new demonstrations are non-citizens asking for special rights," Hayworth told Crowley.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

god that man has hit it right on the button.

YES

GO HAYWORTH!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

HE IS AWSOME !!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I couldn't agree with Hayworth more on this one! Those demonstrations are an implied threat that they have the numbers to commit serious mayhem in our country if they don't get what they want. Honestly, I fear the mayhem is coming sooner or later. Probably later if they get some amnesty, sooner if they don't. In any event, if our government and our leaders are cowed into submission by these demonstrations, then they SHOULD NOT be our leaders anymore.

For what it's worth, I got sucked into a couple of conversations about illegal immigration, school walkouts (BIG ISSUE here in Oceanside last week), demonstrations, etc. at a social event this weekend. I was pleased to hear others openly discussing these events without fear of political correctness. Seems the brazen displays of Mexican flags and Mexican pride really irked a lot of our friends, and they are all looking for ways to make a difference on this issue. I discussed my own recent activism and told them I would forward some links to info. So, from my experience the marches are having an effect, but the good Americans I'm talking to are getting patriotic and p***ed--thankfully--and are not cowering. Let's hope our politicians can live up to the ideals of the citizens they represent!
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>