Like Tree1Likes

Thread: J.D. Vance: Senate Immigration Plan Means ‘the Border Never Closes’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

J.D. Vance: Senate Immigration Plan Means ‘the Border Never Closes’

J.D. Vance: Senate Immigration Plan Means ‘the Border Never Closes’

by SEAN MORAN 4 Feb 2024

Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) on Sunday said that a good summary of the establishment immigration bill is the “border never closes.”

“The border never closes” is a good summary of this bill, and of Joe Biden’s policy. I can understand why Chris Murphy supports it. I cannot imagine why any Republican supports this atrocious proposal,” Vance said.

J.D. Vance
    @JDVance1
    ·
    Follow

"The border never closes" is a good summary of this bill, and of Joe Biden's policy. I can understand why Chris Murphy supports it. I cannot imagine why any Republican supports this atrocious proposal.

Chris Murphy
    @ChrisMurphyCT

Replying to @ChrisMurphyCT

5/ A requirement the President to funnel asylum claims to the land ports of entry when more than 5,000 people cross a day. The border never closes, but claims must be processed at the ports.

This allows for a more a more orderly, humane asylum processing system.

8:17 PM · Feb 4, 2024

The Senate released its long-awaited border bill, which as Breitbart News’s editor Neil Munro described, would only increase the flow of immigrants into America.

Vance continued, “The House is impeaching Mayorkas next week while the Senate will be voting to give him massive discretion to … not enforce the border. Why would any Republican vote for this?”

J.D. Vance
    @JDVance1
    ·
    Follow

The House is impeaching Mayorkas next week while the Senate will be voting to give him massive discretion to ...not enforce the border. Why would any Republican vote for this?

Mike Lee
    @BasedMikeLee

As to the substance of the “border emergency authority,” it appears to be left to the discretionary whims of Secretary Mayorkas—who, I might add, is currently being impeached for failing to actually enforce existing law. This is asinine.

8:24 PM · Feb 4, 2024

Vance is not the only Senate Republican to oppose the Senate immigration bill.
    Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) said:

It is against the law for an individual to illegally cross into our country — it’s incredible that still needs to be said. We are a nation of law and order, yet the Biden administration has allowed over 8.8 million illegal immigrants to flood our border. Meanwhile, at least 85,000 migrant children have gone missing under the watch of Biden’s HHS as cartels and unvetted sponsors take advantage of them. That is unacceptable, and allowing even one immigrant to enter our country illegally is unacceptable. I will never vote to make illegal immigration legal, and I will not support this deal. [Emphasis added]

She added, “If my Democratic colleagues are serious about working with us to secure the border, they should call for a vote on the Secure the Border Act (H.R.2), which arrived in the Senate on May 15 and has languished without even a hearing.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-never-closes/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We do not want FIVE a day!

Shut it down.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Call DC Now To Fight Today's Nation-Killing Amnesty Vote

This is it! This is not a drill! We need all of you to pick up the nearest phone and get into action with calls, calls, calls followed by written versions of your message.

Discuss & Share this call to action on (ALIPAC HERE) .. (TWITTER HERE) .. (FACEBOOK HERE)

ALIPAC Amnesty Opposition Action Alert at...

https://www.alipac.us/f8/call-dc-now...y-vote-416845/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)