Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Jan Brewer and Bill Richardson in immigration throwdown

Gov. Jan Brewer and Bill Richardson in immigration throwdown
    By MARCELO BALLVE
    This week, a district court judge in Phoenix heard arguments for and against SB 1070, Arizona’s controversial new immigration law, which makes it a state crime to be in Arizona without citizenship or residency papers.

Meanwhile, Govs. Janice Brewer of Arizona, and Bill Richardson of New Mexico, debated the propriety of states creating and enforcing their own immigration policies (as SB 1070 does for Arizona) in the pages of the upcoming issue of Americas Quarterly.

It’s still not available online, but the journal’s issue features a side-by-side detailed exposition, written by each Brewer and Richardson, about why they’re on opposite sides of the immigration debate on this score. It’s a nice summation of where these two governors stand on immigration. Their states may be next-door neighbors but they definitely don’t see eye-to-eye.

Richardson believes that states should not legislate their own immigration policies, to avoid creating a patchwork quilt of such laws, or worse, as he puts it– creating a kind of immigration “arms race among neighbors.â€

I strongly believe-

I strongly believe-that Richardson holds strong loyalty to his Hispanic roots and as such makes decisions that are not in the best interests of the USA as a whole as well as for the Southwest , in particular.

I would never put my ethnic descent before my loyalty to America.

Re: I strongly believe-

Quote Originally Posted by misterbill
    I strongly believe-that Richardson holds strong loyalty to his Hispanic roots and as such makes decisions that are not in the best interests of the USA as a whole as well as for the Southwest , in particular.

Same thing with Menendez and Guiterez, Guiterez probably being the most blatant racist. LA Raza...For the race everything, For the rest of US nothing. Thats hispanic supremacy and most certainly does not belong in politics...Sotomayor is one also I believe.

Re: I strongly believe-

Quote Originally Posted by Tbow009
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbill

Same thing with Menendez and Guiterez, Guiterez probably being the most blatant racist. LA Raza...For the race everything, For the rest of US nothing. Thats hispanic supremacy and most certainly does not belong in politics...Sotomayor is one also I believe.
    Well said Tbow!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

misterbill wrote:
    "I strongly believe-that Richardson holds strong loyalty to his Hispanic roots and as such makes decisions that are not in the best interests of the USA as a whole as well as for the Southwest , in particular.

I would never put my ethnic descent before my loyalty to America."

Bill Richardson was born and raised in Mexico, and, although his mother (is/was) a U.S. citizen, as is he, I also that believe that he considers this simply a matter of political expediency and that he has no personal loyality to the United States. I do not know whether Richardson holds dual citizenship with Mexico, but that possibility is the reason that I believe that our United States Congress should:

1) Require that all persons in the United States who receive Dual Citizenship with the U.S. and a foreign nation beyond a certain date be required to choose with which nation they will continue their citizenship when they reach the age of legal adulthood in this country, currently age 18.

2) And, if U.S. citizens who formerly were allowed to hold dual citizenship are "grandfathered" and allowed to continue their dual status after such legislation is passed, that all persons elected to public office in the United States be required to reveal, at the time of filing to run for that office, whether they hold dual citizenship with another nation and which nation it is.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When is Richardson up for re-election?

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Richardson's current term in office ends in 2011 and he is term-limited from a third term as governor.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockedinCalifornia
    Richardson's current term in office ends in 2011 and he is term-limited from a third term as governor.
    Thank God...