Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jeb Bush Dodges Question on Being McCain's Running Mate

We cannot tolerate another Bush or even want McCain in the White House. They are all traitors.

Jeb Bush dodges question on being McCain's running mate

Associated Press
    Posted July 10 2006, 4:46 PM EDT

TALLAHASSEE -- Jeb Bush has frequently said he won't run for president in 2008, but he's never ruled out being on the ticket as someone's running mate.

And he didn't Monday when asked about teaming up with Arizona Sen. John McCain as Republicans hope to come up with a ticket to keep the White House _ now occupied by Bush's older brother, President George W. Bush.

``I like Sen. McCain. I think he's a good guy,'' Bush told reporters after returning from a holiday in Maine with his family. Any potential GOP nominee would covet the 27 electoral votes in Florida where Bush enjoys a high job approval rating among voters as he nears the end of his second term.

It was the 25 electoral votes Florida held in 2000 that sent the current president into office by a scant 537-vote margin of more than 6 million cast in the state.

Bush, 53, would also provide some age balance on such a ticket. McCain turns 70 next month.

When prodded about the likelihood of a McCain-Bush ticket, Bush hedged just slightly.

There's all sorts of time to worry about the 2008 election,'' he said.

Bush is prohibited from seeking a third consecutive term as governor by Florida law.

When prodded about the likelihood of a McCain-Bush ticket, Bush hedged just slightly.

Did he say worry?
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJones

Did he say worry?
    Yes, that caught my eye too. Hmmm....
    Well, seems to me there is plenty of reason to worry.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Great, another Bush in politics...

JUST WHAT WE NEED! (NOT)

Time to do some trimming...
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Oh God no, not another Bush

I cannot come up with a worse republican ticket myself. You just know Hillary will be the Democratic nomination.

What a farce of an election that would be.

They are probably going to be sort of quiet about this until the November elections. After they see the results of that we'll be bombarded with the presidential scoop. Personally, I'm hoping for a surprise somewhere somehow...
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This could be the answer to McCain supporting Bush's election and Bush promising {and sending his people already} to help mccain in 08....JEB

They KNOW Jeb would never pull a presidential victory BUT as a VP w/mccain........that's a ticket that could win and Jeb would be in auto line for Pres
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)