Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Joe Arpaio for Director of Homeland Security

http://www.texasrainmaker.com/2006/05/1 ... -security/
    Joe Arpaio for Director of Homeland Security
    May 10th, 2006 8:16 am
    Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio gets it. He’s been tough on criminals. Now he’s getting tough on illegal immigration.

To people who say round up more illegal immigrants, Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County here has an answer: send out the posse.

On Wednesday, the posse, a civilian force of 300 volunteers, many of them retired deputies, are to fan out over desert backcountry, watching for smugglers and the people they guide into these parts.

I dare President Bush to call Arpaio’s posse “vigilantes“. The good Sheriff would probably have the President wearing pink underwear and making his own ham sandwiches in a tent on the north lawn before the day was through.

“I have compassion for the Mexican people, but if you come here illegally you are going to jail,” said Sheriff Arpaio, an elected Republican, whose county is the fourth most populous in the country and among the fastest growing.

Why is it so hard for folks in Washington to forget we actually have laws on the books making the improper entry or stay in the U.S. illegal? It’s as if they pretend we don’t have such laws in place.

Lawyers and advocates for the jailed immigrants, several of whom are challenging their arrests, take a different view.

“It’s really an attempt to intimidate immigrants by threatening and imposing incarceration,” said Victoria Lopez, executive director of the Florence Immigrant and Refugee Rights Project.

Yeah, just like the laws making murder a crime are an attempt to intimidate murderers by threatening and imposing incarceration. Get it?

Peter Schey, a lawyer from Los Angeles hired by the Mexican consulate here to represent some of the detainees, said, “This sheriff is not the director of homeland security, but that is how he is acting.”

Maybe it’s time to make it official.

Sheriff Arpaio’s cellphone ringtone plays “My Way” by Frank Sinatra. “I have enough confidence with the Maricopa community,” he said in his 19th-floor office here, the walls decorated with clippings of news coverage. “If not, that’s the way the ball bounces.”

If only we had more men like Arpaio looking out for us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

God bless sheriff Arpaio for enforcing the LAW!! THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO READ THE LAW. WHAT DON'T THEY GET,"ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL" "ILLEGAL HAS NO RACE" IF YOU BREAK THE LAW, YOUR A LAW BREAKER , END OF STORY!

I dare President Bush to call Arpaio’s posse “vigilantes“. The good Sheriff would probably have the President wearing pink underwear and making his own ham sandwiches in a tent on the north lawn before the day was through.

That is a great mental picture

I would go for making Sheriff Arpaio director of Homeland Security. He would have this mess whipped into shape in no time.

Iig

Sheriff Arpaio, DHS

Lemme' see... Arpaio, Chertoff, Arpaio, Chertoff.... ARPAIO!

I don't think he'd want the job, because he'd be "asked" to be more PC, and I think he'd take it for about a minute. Our political landscape is littered with the bodies of people who were perfectly swell civil servants, more than qualified to do their jobs, and were very popular for some reason, before coming in, and then fell from grace like a stone, why? Because they spoke plainly and honestly. The American People doesn't like that so much. (I have examples in mind, but I'll wait to be asked.)

I was ready for Bernie Keric to take over, but then his past hiring of a domestic helper without paying his share of her employment taxes came back to haunt him. I still like Bernie a lot though. Back then, I figured that if the employee was here illegally and she was deported (or prosecuted, I don't much more than that about that person), and he paid the back-taxes and offered to pay any fines, I would've forgiven him, but, oh well.

People, everywhere, cut corners. It's why we're in THIS mess now: The Law Breaking Employers want to cut their overhead any way they want, even if it means breaking the law. It's human nature, sad but true.

But would I be demanding his appointment the minute he acted like he'd want to give it a try?! Would I!!!!!!

I would tell the Maricopa County people to just keep a spot open for him to come back to once he's finished kicking some butt.
    "I have not yet begun to fight!" John Paul Jones