Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jud. Watch: AFL-CIO Represents Illegal Day Laborers

AFL-CIO Represents Illegal Day Laborers
    While the U.S. Senate defeated the controversial immigration bill this week the nation’s largest federation of unions announced its unprecedented affiliation with a day laborer center that represents illegal immigrants.

The American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO), which represents about 10 million workers, first announced its nationwide plan to help illegal immigrant workers last year.

Billed as a historic partnership, the AFL-CIO promised to help the country’s estimated 12 million illegal immigrants come out of the shadows by helping day laborers learn about their workplace rights. The powerful and politically connected union giant vowed to serve as an advocate for illegal aliens by working with 140 day laborer centers in 80 cities and towns.

This week a northern California day laborer center became the first to capitalize on the plan and become officially affiliated with the AFL-CIO. The union has committed to help improve working conditions for the immigrant workers at Centro Legal de la Raza, an organization that claims to protect and advance the rights of immigrants and all low-income Latinos in the state’s Bay Area.

The AFL-CIO is stepping in because the day laborers, who solicit jobs by standing on corners or loitering in parking lots, have little recourse when an employer refuses to pay or expects them to work under dangerous conditions. An enthusiastic director of Centro Legal de la Raza predicts this could be the first step to fully unionizing illegal immigrants in the United States.

Judicial Watch is a non-partisan, educational foundation dedicated to fighting government and judicial corruption and promoting a return to ethics and morality in our nation's public life. To view the Judicial Watch Internet site click here (www.judicialwatch.org).

http://www.corruptionchronicles.com/200 ... l_day.html

Thanks for telling us what the dirtbags at AFLCIO are up to. If I was a better businessman I wouldn't have to work at a union job but as it is, it seems like that's what I am stuck with. It has been frequently a real pain in the a-- when you see what kinds of inadequate standarads unions tolerate to be politically correct. (A case in point: Ordinary women doing heavy construction work; it just doesn't fly, but it gives the unions more members)
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When will the aid and support to illegal aliens end. Do our laws mean nothing.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

If there was so much work here, like the government and open borders lobbyists keep telling us....why are there so many standing on corners for work, the day laborers?

They would have a reg. job and not be out pandering for work....most unions don't help their members much, they just want the dues.

They are as greedy as our business leaders and government.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Thanks for the info, just went to the afl-cio website and left my thoughts on this with them in an e-mail. Now I'm going to e-mail my senators to ask that this be looked into. Who do we need to bombard to get something done about this?

This certainly appears to be a conflict of interest and unfair business practice. One would think the unions would be the very entities to join a law suit against the employers who are hiring illegals contrary to the interest of their members.