Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Judge asked to loosen proof on voter citizenship

Judge asked to loosen proof on voter citizenship

PHOENIX A federal judge is considering whether to order Arizona election officials to accept federal mail-in voter registration forms without requiring proof of citizenship as mandated under a 2004 state law approved by voters.

Numerous minority and activist groups sued to challenge provisions of Proposition 200 that require would-be voters to submit proof of citizenship when voting and proof of identity when casting ballots at polling places.

As part of the suit, the groups are asking that state and county officials be temporarily blocked from requiring that the federal registration form be accompanied by additional documentation of citizenship. The groups said the federal government has mandated use of the form as-is and that requiring additional documentation cripples drives to increase voter registration.

A lawyer for the state argued during a hearing today in federal court in Phoenix that the state is permitted to verify the eligibility of people registering to vote and that the policy debate over Proposition 200 is over.

U-S District Judge Roslyn Silver said she'll rule next week.

http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=5010793&nav=HMO6
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

in my opinion, proof of citizenship is not unconstitutional and the state can deny anyone that can't prove citizenship the right to vote
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Does anyone know how to look up this suit so we can know who the
    Numerous minority and activist groups
    are? We can see if they are tax dollar funded or tax exempt outfits we can go after.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pleeeaassee, this should be a no-brainer. How dare we require proof of citizenship to vote.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Does anyone know how to look up this suit so we can know who the
    Numerous minority and activist groups
    are? We can see if they are tax dollar funded or tax exempt outfits we can go after.
    Who can possibly keep track of them all? There seem to be thousands of them, and they all receive some sort of taxpayer or charitable funding.

Even without the funding, they can always count on the ACLU or National Lawyers Guild to do the work for them pro bono.

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Pleeeaassee, this should be a no-brainer. How dare we require proof of citizenship to vote.
    We don't here in California.

When I went to vote Tuesday, I saw my name was on the rolls twice, with a slightly different spelling. When I pointed that out, they just asked me who I wanted to vote as. No one asked to see ID, and I imagine it's illegal for them to do so.

Only legal citizens can vote, and it is a federal crime to impersonate a US citizen to vote. See comments I posted at

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?nam...wtopic&t=30863
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Who is in control?

Illegal aliens and their handlers will do anything to ensure their clients illegally vote. Pretty soon we will see forms from Mexican citizens in Mexico saying they are U.S. citizens but are in Mexico for some reason. It is a federal offense to impersonate a U.S. citizen but look at social security and other fraud perpetrated by illegal aliens using phony documentation. The government has granted them amnesty for their sins.

Iig
    Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    Quote Originally Posted by jean
    We don't here in California.

When I went to vote Tuesday, I saw my name was on the rolls twice, with a slightly different spelling. When I pointed that out, they just asked me who I wanted to vote as. No one asked to see ID, and I imagine it's illegal for them to do so.
    I do believe that it is against a new law to not properly identify yourself at a CA polling place. The poll worker is supposed to ask for ID. I can't find the text of the law at the moment (I'm checking the Secretary of State site in a minute), but I believe it is a 2006 law.

I hope you filed a report.

Go checkout phillyblog.com - fascinating silliness about Geno, owner of Geno's Steaks, having posted a sign saying "Order in English." Needless to say, I posted a reply supporting him (as "CA2TX").
    "I have not yet begun to fight!" John Paul Jones

Is there going to be a group signal for when the bell tolls?

I have your back but, I think we are outnumbered.

Trouble

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast