Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Judge rules Obama's aunt can stay in U.S.

May 17th, 2010
    01:25 PM ET

Judge rules Obama's aunt can stay in U.S.

President Barack Obama's Kenyan aunt can stay in the United States, a U.S. immigration judge has ruled, ending a more than six-year legal battle over her status.

Judge Leonard Shapiro made the decision Friday, court officials told CNN. Two government sources confirmed Monday that the ruling will give legal status to Zeituni Onyango, allowing her to remain in the country.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/17/ju ... -s/?hpt=T2

Like I always say . . . it aint what you know, it's who you know.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A Kenyan I spoke with here in Boston who told me that Zeituni Onyango is unlikely to be in political jeopardy if she returns also said that she has not fully recovered from a disease she has yet. If a decision had to be made now immediately it makes sense to extend her stay here due to her health problem.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Posted 5-17-2010
    Decision made in asylum bid for Obama aunt
    By MEGHAN BARR (AP) – 1 hour ago

CLEVELAND — Attorneys for President Barack Obama's African aunt say a decision has been made in her bid for asylum in the United States.

Zeituni Onyango (zay-TOO'-nee ohn-YAHN'-goh), the half-sister of Obama's late father, is from Kenya.

The decision from U.S. immigration officials hasn't been announced. Onyango's attorneys plan to make a statement Monday afternoon in Cleveland.

Onyango moved to the United States in 2000. Her first asylum request was rejected, and she was ordered deported in 2004. But she didn't leave the country and continued to live in public housing in Boston.

In February, she testified on her own behalf at closed proceedings in U.S. Immigration Court in Boston.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... wD9FOMNT80
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Another example of how our immigration enforcement is a joke, and why we can never agree to enforcement combined with amnesty (i.e., "comprehensive immigration reform").

A knowledgable Kenyan here in Boston who said that Zeituni is unlikely to be in political jeopardy in Kenya has told me that she does have a legitimate health problem.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    A knowledgable Kenyan here in Boston who said that Zeituni is unlikely to be in political jeopardy in Kenya has told me that she does have a legitimate health problem.

to me her 'heath' issues are kenyas problem, not the hard working, law abiding, American taxpayers.

Amnesty for the Aunt means Obama will Amnesty himself!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!