Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Judge says public funds can be used for day labor center

Judge says public funds can be used for day labor center

SANTA ANA, Calif.—A judge denied illegal immigrant opponents an injunction that would have prevented the city of Laguna Beach from using taxpayer dollars to fund a day labor center.

Superior Court Judge Gregory Munoz issued his ruling Monday saying the city-funded job center provides a public benefit, much like a park. He added there was no evidence that the center was used exclusively by illegal immigrants.

Eileen Garcia and George Riviere, members of the Minuteman Project citizen patrol group, filed a lawsuit in October 2006 to prevent the city from continuing to spend $22,000 annually on the center. The two plan to appeal Munoz’s decision.

“All along I knew this would end up in a higher court,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LNR

Seems to me that Judge MUNOZ should have recused himself. But, whatever.

"Munoz issued his ruling Monday saying the city-funded job center provides a public benefit, much like a park." .... A park is used by everyone. What "public benefit" is he referring to? The benefit to businesses who hire these folks?

".. no evidence that the center was used exclusively by illegal immigrants." .... Has anyone ever seen anyone OTHER THAN illegal immigrants at these places?

"These people were standing on street corners on residential streets and we found a way to get rid of that problem at a low cost. " .... If they were standing on street corners on residential streets, how about arresting them for loitering? Oh, you're illegal? Let me introduce you to ICE.

So the taxpayers pay for people who are here ILLEGALLY to stay here ILLEGALLY and work for lower wages so that we can have our wages driven into the ground. Makes perfect sense to me!

At some point, when our wages are so drastically reduced that we're working for $4 per day (as in Mexico), then there will be a mass exodus southward.
    The American dream has become a nightmare.
    Illegal immigration and the war in Iraq have 2 things in common:
    1. Nationalize expenses 2. Privatize profits
    Register "INDEPENDENT"

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    Excuse me. If you are helping illegals by providing a place for them to find work, than I would say that you support illegal immigration. Duh.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

People other than illegal aliens do use day labor centers. The best way to proceed against the use of a day labor center by the illegals is coopting the legals. Identify someone legal in need of work and have them use the center and keep track of whether various employers ask them for proof of eligibility to work. It is not neccessary for the inside person or team to determine legality of other day laborers. After a period of time announce through the press that the program is going on. Sometimes a successful cooptation causes the whole center to close down.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    People other than illegal aliens do use day labor centers. The best way to proceed against the use of a day labor center by the illegals is coopting the legals. Identify someone legal in need of work and have them use the center and keep track of whether various employers ask them for proof of eligibility to work. It is not neccessary for the inside person or team to determine legality of other day laborers. After a period of time announce through the press that the program is going on. Sometimes a successful cooptation causes the whole center to close down.
    Good idea and I'd like to see your idea carried out. However, I believe the amount of citizens or legal work visa holders that use day laborer centers are extremely small and in some communities non-existant. Even those that would want to use day labor center are likely crowded out by the illegals and their coalitions.