Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Judge stops 75 Colorado Swift illegals from being deported

75 Sent To Texas After Swift Raid Returning To Colorado

POSTED: 2:25 pm MST December 17, 2006
    UPDATED: 4:31 pm MST December 17, 2006

DENVER -- The Greeley Tribune reported that 75 immigration detainees shipped to Texas after the Swift raid are being returned to Colorado.

The newspaper said U.S. District Judge John Kane signed an order barring them from being sent out of state. The detainees were taken to a Federal immigration jail in Texas despite Kane's order.

The decision to transport the detainees back to Colorado came after the United Food and Commercial Workers union filed a lawsuit in Denver on behalf of the workers. The lawsuit charges ICE of illegally detaining, interrogating and jailing several workers.

Immigration officials detained 262 workers at the Greeley meatpacking plant last week, claiming they were illegally in the country. Ten of the 262 workers detained in the raid have been charged so far with identity theft-related crimes.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/10 ... etail.html
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

MW
    The newspaper said U.S. District Judge John Kane signed an order barring them from being sent out of state. The detainees were taken to a Federal immigration jail in Texas despite Kane's order.
    Why? Illegal immigrants aren't legal residents of any state in the country.

I don't really know what to think about this, because the article certainly didn't elaborated on the details.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judge John L. Kane

http://leap.cc/Speakers/speakerbio.php? ... 0L.%20Kane

"Our national drug policy is inconsistent with the nature of justice, abusive of the nature of authority,
    and ignorant of the compelling force of forgiveness."

Judge John L. Kane has been a United States District Judge since 1977. Since he became a Senior United States District Court Judge in 1988 he has stopped hearing criminal matters. Judge Kane has been openly critical of two facets of the system of criminal justice practiced in Federal courts.

He is opposed to computer-driven sentencing guidelines and the "so-called War on Drugs," which says has a devastating effect on the entire judicial system, both civil and criminal. Judge Kane has said: "As a society, we've become so enamored of our myths that we've allowed them to become our reality. And we have the temerity to think we're civilized." Kane believes that foremost among these myths is the war on drugs.

Commenting on Judge Kane's presentations calling for the legalization of drugs, Diane Carman of the Denver Post pointed out in her article, Drug War Won't Bring Even Moral Victories, "U.S. Senior District Court Judge John Kane is really good at this. He's been giving versions of the same speech for nearly a decade now. He wows every audience. It's easy to see why. His argument is compelling. It's based on mountains of evidence. And it's the product of a keen legal mind. Furthermore, he delivers it with wit, candor and blistering conviction."

Judge Kane served in the Peace Corps from 1967 to 1969, first in Calcutta, India and then in Turkey. Before that, he served as Colorado's first Public Defender and founded the state's first racially integrated law office in 1963 with the late Irving P. Andrews. He has received numerous awards in his fields of academics and law. Since becoming a judge, he has consulted on behalf of the state department and the U.S. Information Agency in many foreign countries on human rights and constitutional issues. He has made trips on behalf of the government to lecture and participate in parliamentary conferences on various legal and judicial subjects.

He received a BA in English Literature from the University of Colorado (Boulder) in 1958 and his law degree from the University of Denver in 1961. He received an honorary LL.D. (Doctorate of Laws) from the University of Denver in 1997. Judge Kane has taught at graduate and undergraduate levels in both law and liberal arts at the University of Denver and University of Colorado Law School. He was also a visiting lecturer at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland.

To book a LEAP speaker contact:

Mike Smithson, Coordinator of Speakers Bureau
    speakers@leap.cc
    cell (315) 243-5844 or fax (315) 488-3630

Just another prime example of shear corruption on the bench!

I almost feel like those defeatest liberals saying about the Iraq war
    "WE CAN'T WIN"
    Thing is thouge we can't stop fighting. Seems like our whole government is corrupt from the judges all the way up to our President.Everywhere we turn we hit a brick wall. I have never seen anything like it before. How do we go about getting these Federal judges kicked off the bench. Are we allowed to sue them on the grounds they are failing to carry out our Federal Immigratin laws? This judge needs to be inudated with calls , emails, and registered letters, letters to the paper in the city where he is serving. Maybe we need to have some sit ins like they did in the 70s, go to his place of work and just stay there until they carry us off! I am so sick of my government, the anger is burning in the pit of my stomach like a cancer. Our gov. is in a vast conspiracy against the citizens of this nation in keeping these illegal immigrants in our country above our objections, if one part of the gov. seems to be working and doing their jobs even a little such as ICE in these raids there is always someone there to block what they do, personally I think it is all planned out that way! They are going to shovel this amnesty down our throats whether we like it or not, all I can say, is they better be dam well ready for the consquences of their actions!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Is this judge saying they should not be deported or is he just saying they should be jailed near their families till their trial?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

probably BOTH

i posted this judges contact info over the weekend and even made a call to him and the number.

how dare a US union look out for illegeals. grrrr

CALL em and raise hell.
    and ask the union how they can support illegals working when every day american citizens are having their identity stolen by these illegals

Judge John L. Kane
    Alfred A. Arraj United States Courthouse A838 / Courtroom A802
    (303) 844-6118

Local 7R, Northcentral Region
    7760 West 38th Avenue
    Suite 400
    Wheat Ridge, CO 80033-9982
    303-425-0897
    http://www.ufcw7.com

Re: Judge stops 75 Colorado Swift illegals from being deport

Quote Originally Posted by AlturaCt

The decision to transport the detainees back to Colorado came after the United Food and Commercial Workers union filed a lawsuit in Denver on behalf of the workers. The lawsuit charges ICE of illegally detaining, interrogating and jailing several workers.

why is this judge signing the order Wednesday after these people are already out of state?

Why is this union standing up for illegals in this country? is it because they work at swift, or the union thinks they are americans and do not care if they are illegals or not?

I saw Lou Dobbs go head to toe with one of these Union leaders, made him look like a traitor to our country, Lou gave him hell, it was so good to see! To bad we can't clone Lou Dobbs as we need thousands like him on our side! If I sounded like a defeated person in my earlier post, I didn't mean to. Perhaps if our leaders at the top and our judges choose to give our country lock stock and barrell to the illegals as they seem to be doing, we then can invade Mexico,and make a paradise out of their country, after all it was not the illegals who made our country so great it was WE THE PEOPLE, the legal americans who worked our arses off and shaped our country into the greatest one on earth, something the illegals chose not to stay and do in their own country, after all, it is so much easier to go and steal what others have worked so hard for, and they say they are just hard workers looking to make a living, I say they are a bunch of losers without the strength, courage and integrity, to make their own country into one like ours!What is so funny is if it all comes about as they would like and they drive all the others then them, out of this country, they will be just as they were in Mexico very soon, with nothing and our country will be a third world country as theirs is, I see it as one anyway! I suppose then they will have to go on up into Canada and try to steal their country to, might have to fight the Muslim people for Canada though, might not be worth the trouble for that reason!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast