The article does not say it but all 3 men are illegals from Central America. If you go on the BSO (Broward County Sheriff) website and put each ones name in you will find all three do have immigration holds. I know the officer who arrested them.

http://cbs4.com/local/Gang.Rape.Hollywood.2.606383.html

Jury Convicts 2 In Hollywood Gang Rape
3rd Man Is Awaiting Trial On The Same Charges
HOLLYWOOD, FL. (CBS4) ―
"Guilty," that's what a Broward jury told 2 men on Wednesday, who are accused of raping a woman on Hollywood beach last year.

Cesar Amador and Hever Ramos, both 22, were each found guilty Wednesday of two counts of sexual battery and one count of attempted sexual battery, reported CBS4's news partners at The Miami Herald.

Broward Circuit Judge Eileen O'Connor will sentence them January 18, 2008, and said they each could get up to 65 years in prison.

A third man accused in the attack, Armando Moncadaramos, is awaiting trial on the same charges.

Defense attorney portrayed the 40-year old victim in the case as a hard partier who had been drinking the night of September 19, 2006, before passing out in her robe on the sand. At the time of the attack the woman lived near the beach in Hollywood beach when the attack happened.

She testified during the trial that she walked out onto the beach near her house, because she was nauseated and then fell asleep.

Police said the victim was sleeping near the shoreline around 3:30 a.m. on September 20th, 2006, when suddenly two men jumped her, while another suspect committed sexual battery.

The woman resisted, police said and at one point, found a piece of broken glass in the sand and cut Ramos several times in the face and chest area. Ramos stopped his attack due to his own injuries but a third suspect, identified as Moncadaramos, jumped on the victim and continued the sexual assault, according to police.

"Flailing, and it was literally in my hand, and when I came up, I slashed and I slashed, and I brought it to the floor and I brought it to the back and I didn't stop until I got him off of me," she said, as she motioned with a broken bottle in her hand," she told CBS4's Joan Murray in 2006.

The victim, once again attempted to defend herself, but police said Moncadaramas punched her in the mouth causing a severe laceration and swollen jaw.

Police said when the men were done raping the woman, all three ran southbound on Hollywood Beach.

After the victim called police, Hollywood officers spotted the suspects just north of Hollywood Boulevard on the beach but they took off running. Police set up a perimeter and Hollywood Canine officers located all three suspects a short time later.

The victim positively identified all three suspects as the offenders.