Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jury finds Aurora resident guilty of Felony tax fraud

Jury finds Aurora resident guilty of felony tax fraud

March 1, 2008
    By MATT HANLEY mhanley@scn1.com
    An Aurora man is facing up to four years in prison after he was convicted of tax fraud in federal court this week.

A jury found Flavio Perez guilty of two counts of felony tax fraud for allegedly concealing large profits from his drywall business, Chateau Drywall.

According to charging documents, an IRS investigation revealed that Perez reported more than $1.5 million in business receipts on his 2000 and 2001 tax returns. However, he claimed on his 2000 and 2001 tax returns that the only profit on his business was $129,118 in 2000 and $125,079 in 2001, court documents said.

Perez was accused of intentionally lowering his profits on his tax returns, which is considered perjury.

Court documents show that Perez bragged about his large income and told police officers who stopped him on an unrelated charge that he planned to retire by the time he was 35.

"We cannot expect the honest taxpayer to foot the bill for those who hide income from the IRS," said IRS special agent Maria Suarez.

Sentencing is scheduled for May 28 in front of Judge John Darrah in Chicago. Since Perez is not a U.S. citizen, he faces possible deportation for the felony convictions, the IRS said.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/beac ... S1.article
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sentencing is scheduled for May 28 in front of Judge John Darrah in Chicago. Since Perez is not a U.S. citizen, he faces possible deportation for the felony convictions, the IRS said.
    I certainly hope so.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Court documents show that Perez bragged about his large income and told police officers who stopped him on an unrelated charge that he planned to retire by the time he was 35.
    Hopefully in Mexico.

Since Perez is not a U.S. citizen, he faces possible deportation for the felony convictions, the IRS said.

So can we say he was legally here OR an illegal alien?

From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

send him back broke

I would bet he hired IA’s as well. They should be able to seize all his assets as well and send him back broke.
    <div>Do your job and enforce the law!
    Many thanks to the young that have served our country, and to those of you that have lost, we all owe you, thank you</div>