Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jury finds SD man guilty of hiring illegal workers

Jury finds SD man guilty of hiring illegal workers
    Associated Press
    3:32 PM CST, December 8, 2008

SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A South Dakota man is facing a possible 10-year prison sentence after being found guilty of hiring illegal workers.

A jury found 55-year-old Donald Stangeland, of Flandreau, S.D., guilty of one count of transporting an illegal immigrant and two counts of harboring illegal immigrants last week in U.S. District Court in Sioux City.

Prosecutors say Stangeland hired illegal immigrants to build grain bins in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Minnesota in 2007, knowing the workers were in the U.S. illegally.

Prosecutors say Stangeland never asked the workers to fill out required forms for employment identification and did not ask for valid ID or proof of work eligibility.

Stangeland remains free on bond pending sentencing, which was not immediately scheduled.

www.chicagotribune.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Now they need to get the rest of these employers out there that knowingly hire illegal workers.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

This is news only because it's so rare, undercut companys that play by the rules and you should go to jail.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)