Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Kennedy move deals blow to immigration reform plan

Kennedy move deals blow to immigration reform plan
    By Alexander Bolton
    Posted: 12/08/08 08:07 PM [ET]

Sen. Edward Kennedy’s (D-Mass.) allies on immigration reform regard his departure from the Judiciary Committee as a withering blow to their cause and are searching for a new champion on the controversial issue.

Many are interpreting his decision to focus on healthcare as a setback to legislation that would put millions of illegal immigrants on a path to citizenship.

Kennedy’s own health has some speculating that the liberal icon sees healthcare as his best chance to augment his legacy while he battles brain cancer.

“I think it’s more than possible that he’s gotten a little older and has health issues himself and that’s hit home,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote]“Kennedy for 40 years has been the engine driving immigration legislation in Congress.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He needs to retire totally maybe we could get a good person in that seat.

Good Riddance!
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]“It will adversely affect immigration reform going forward. It indicates the chances of comprehensive reform happening over the next few years are slim.â€
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    Those who have followed the heated immigration debate on Capitol Hill say it will be difficult for someone to step into Kennedy’s shoes and lead on such a complex and controversial issue.
    Could we have someone on the side of the American people for a change step into those shoes?

[quote="butterbean"][quote]“It will adversely affect immigration reform going forward. It indicates the chances of comprehensive reform happening over the next few years are slim.â€
    "

At this point, I would have to say Kennedy is my all time most disliked politician. I can't stand him even more than John McCain! The only "legacy" I see him leaving with is how doggedly he tried to destroy America! He can go pound sand in hell for all I care.
    Just go away!

It would seem to me that he should be forced to resign, someone in his position has too many emotional issues of his own to be able to do his job properly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast