Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Key to Preventing Future Terror Fiasco Is Tighter Borders

Key to preventing future terror fiasco is tighter borders

D.A. King
    Columnist

“Spanish and Islamic terrorist groups are using Mexico as a refuge“

- Former Mexican National Security Adviser and Mexican Ambassador to the United Nations Alfredo Aguilar Zinser, May 2001

“Members of Hezbollah have already entered the United States across the Southwest border.â€

What is not reported is that hundreds of illegal aliens who come from countries with known terrorist ties are routinely apprehended by Border Patrol agents on the border with Mexico. And that we only catch a fraction of the total of illegal crossers.
    God only knows what the ones who managed to sneak in here are plotting in the way of our destruction. And nobody's minding the store, either on the border or in Washington.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

I think you have hit on a very important point. As each day goes by the chances of enough bomb grade nuclear material falling into the wrong hands increases. This is not an issue of technology but of material and the will to use such a bomb. The technology is there, so is the will. The only lacking component is the material. So, we need to assume worse case and secure our borders to the best of our ability.

I wish it were otherwise, but a nuclear device can be carried in a small package size. Also, it can be made very dirty....introduction of radioactive materials that have very long half life. This is common information available world wide. You cannot expect to have security when you don't even know who or what is coming into our Country. Instead we have a President that is more interested in the rights of illegals than securing our borders.

Some pretty smart fellows in a think tank out here in California believe the following: It's not a matter of if, but when terrorists will set off dirty nuclear devices. The experts feel they will set off two rather than just one for maximum terror effect. Furthermore, the experts believe they will choose the shipping ports for maximum damage to our economy. Can you even imagine the fear that would permeate this country following the deaths of several hundred thousand people in one fell swoop? Our lives would be totally changed forever, in ways we cannot even envision.

I have a son in Long Beach and I have begged him to move his family away from "ground zero", but he feels I am over reacting
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Banned
    prj40 wrote:
    I have a son in Long Beach and I have begged him to move his family away from "ground zero", but he feels I am over reacting
    Don't they all? It's as if 911 never happened...

Quote Originally Posted by pjr40
    but he feels I am over reacting
    You are not over reacting. I don't understand why more don't take this seriously. If scientist were saying that technology was an issue that would be different, but they are saying that it is mainly a matter of material. How long until the material falls into the wrong hands? What can happen is not some far fetched science fiction story....a large area of a city can be destroyed, and made so that no one can return to that area for years to come.

Let's hope for our sake this is an over reaction, but I don't think so!

There are now several articles and some books out there written by leading scientist that are saying if we don't control the material then we are bound to have an attack using a WMD here in our own backyard.

I think this lack of border security will come back to bit Bush in the...well backside, but if this happens a lot of Innocent Americans will have to pay a heavy price for Bush's dereliction of his primary duty.

Considerable amounts of fissionable Nuclear materials have dissappeared from Post Soviet Russian and were never accounted for including red mercury which is used to make Neutron Weapons.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=506177&page=1

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... /scenario/
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

AllAmerican wrote:
    I think this lack of border security will come back to bit Bush in the...well backside, but if this happens a lot of Innocent Americans will have to pay a heavy price for Bush's dereliction of his primary duty.
    Just think for a moment, if this nuclear holocaust should happen, Bush and all the others would suddenly become irrelevant. They would be swept aside for new, statesman-like and competent leaders the likes of which we haven't seen in decades.....probably because politics has become such a filthy business that no decent person wants to be involved.

I simply cannot understand why more Americans aren't up in arms over the combination of a porous border and terrorist threats. What is it going to take to wake these folks up?

Border Security you say? Well.......... try National Security as a whole. How in the hell does a Chinese National pass on our most advanced Submarine Warfare Technology to Red China for such long time and is finally caught after the damage has been done? Nobody that immigrates from Red China should ever come into contact or work for US Defence Contractors.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    Border Security you say? Well.......... try National Security as a whole. How in the hell does a Chinese National pass on our most advanced Submarine Warfare Technology to Red China for such long time and is finally caught after the damage has been done? Nobody that immigrates from Red China should ever come into contact or work for US Defence Contractors.
    YES!!!!

The very question that many of our military have asked over the years!!!

HOW IN THE HELL?

Well, the blame falls squarely on this government, many administrations & Joint Chiefs for decades
    But Klinton took the damned cake for openly allowing enemies into our most secret installations!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)