Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Kids kicked off a bus for speaking English

Kids kicked off a bus for speaking English

Imagine sending your kids off to school, but when they get to the bus they are told they can't get on because they speak English.

That's right, English.

It happened to a few children in St. Paul and now the school district is apologizing.

Rachel Armstrong sent her kids to pick up the bus as usual Monday, but after the driver let the kids on, he told them he would not pick them up again. He even said he wouldn't take them home that afternoon.

Armstrong left work early Tuesday, forced to pick up her kids from Phalen Lake Elementary School.

Her twin girls, 10, and her son, 8, were kicked off their regular school bus. They were told by the bus driver the route is for non-English speaking students only.

"I was furious. I was at work and I was just mad." Armstrong said. "I felt like we were being discriminated because we speak English. Just because they speak English, they can't ride the school bus. I mean, this is America, right?"

Administrators at St. Paul Public Schools admit the district made a mistake when it stranded the kids at school Monday.

However, the district points out, that particular bus route serves one of three language academies. The one at Phalen Lake is for Hmong students learning English.

The academies all have separate bus routes to keep its students together.

The district decided to enforce the separate routes beginning Monday, but it did not tell the Armstrong family.

"It is our responsibility to ensure the safety of these kids and we made a mistake. The kids should have gotten home that day," Dayna Kennedy, public relations representative.

The district also discovered the Armstrongs no longer live in the Phalen Lake School boundary because they moved last year.

So even thought the district apologized, if they want to still go to Phalen, they are going to have to get their own ride.

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S21143.html?cat=1
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

April
    "I was furious. I was at work and I was just mad." Armstrong said. "I felt like we were being discriminated because we speak English. Just because they speak English, they can't ride the school bus. I mean, this is America, right?"

The new America: Separate but Unequal (if you speak English).

This is insane. I mean they have been bussing kids for years to make sure all the schools were racially diverse and now you can't ride a specific bus because you speak English? I don't get this double-standard at all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't live in "America" anymore. I don't know what you call this Country and her politicians, but they sure aren't the American's I grew up with!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    I don't live in "America" anymore. I don't know what you call this Country and her politicians, but they sure aren't the American's I grew up with!
    They have given up common sense for Dollars and Cents. America has been destroyed right under our noses. While Bush keeps American's in fear of terrorism, he has secretly signed the papers to offically destroy the sovereignty of this nation for his daddy's New World Order.

Our enemy is not the invaders, it is our own government.

I mean, this is America, right?"
    Well that's the rumor anyway.
    More and more Americans must get out of this same mindset. IMO, Too many people are blind and ignorant to what is going on around them simply because of this attidude. "Well this is American and it can't happen in America."

Well folks, wake the hell up because slowly but surely, THIS IS NOT STAYING AMERICA anymore and we can no longer afford to be complacent and ignorant. Get off your couch potato butts and do something!
    Come on people, you can afford to take one or two hours a week to get your emails, calls, faxes, sent to your reps. We all have to stop using the excuse "I don't have time." because its a cop out! We all have the same 24 hours in a day, we all have to juggle work, kids, etc. and certain sacrifices are going to have to be made or we WILL LOSE our country. What is your excuse going to be when you wake up and have to pledge allegiance to the UNITED NORTH AMERICAN UNION UNDER KING BOOSH?

The only way things are going to change is if more and more of us wake up and smell the roses. These roses are dying because of the crappy soil our evil elected officials have planted us in. And right now, the illegal dogs are peeing all over us because we won't unite.
    Stop being a JAFO and do something!!!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I'm not one for law suits, but considering this womens children were left and discriminated against in her own country she should get a lawyer!

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffdid
    I'm not one for law suits, but considering this womens children were left and discriminated against in her own country she should get a lawyer!
    I would agree with you, but the catch is she'd just be suing herself, since the school district would simply make the taxpayers pay for what they did.

It's a nice system we've got here, isn't it?

Where's the ACLU?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast