Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kids used a shields for adults in immigration protest

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Kids used a shields for adults in immigration protest

Kids arrested in immigration protest at U.S. Capitol

Protesters from the Fair Immigration Reform Movement (FIRM) marched to the U.S. Capitol and sat down in a busy intersection to highlight what they say is a broken immigration system. The were arrested by Capitol Police. H. Darr Beiser

Natalie DiBlasio, USA TODAY6:18 p.m. EDT April 30, 2014

(Photo: Natalie DiBlasio, USA TODAY)

WASHINGTON — Seven kids arrested Wednesday as they sat in the middle of a busy intersection outside the U.S. Capitol all had one thing in common: Their families have been split up by deportation.

The youngsters were flown to Washington to join the protest by the immigrant-rights organization Center for Community Change.

The protest drew scores of supporters and onlookers. Capitol Police arrested 27 people, including the seven minors ages 11 to 17.

In a pouring rain on a flooded street, the preteens and teens shouted, "Boehner, Boehner, don't lock us in a chamber" — referring to Republican House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio — and "The youth united will never be divided." The adult protesters echoed their calls.

The young activists spent some time earlier Wednesday learning the art of protest and how to get arrested in an act of civil disobedience. The goal was to urge House Republicans to take action on immigration.

The Senate passed an immigration bill last June that would allow undocumented workers to eventually apply for citizenship. Some House Republicans, however, are standing firm against any measure that could be construed as amnesty for undocumented immigrants.

President Obama is facing mounting pressure from immigration groups who want him to use his executive power to ease or stop deportations immediately.

Yahir Servin, 11, of Alabama, was the first child to get arrested Wednesday. Before the protest he said, "I am fighting for my father. He is undocumented. I am fighting for all of the children who don't have their mothers and fathers and brothers and sisters.

"Families need to stay together, because sometimes you need the love of your father and your mother and your sister," he said. "It's too hard without that support."

"I want to bring my dad back," Talia Gonzalez, 16, said before the rally.

"It's been four years. My sister's birthday is tomorrow and she is so sad he isn't going to be here. Again. She says she wants her daddy."

Talia said she was nervous about getting arrested but proud of herself.

Kids train to be arrested during an immigration protest in Washington, D.C., on April 30, 2014.

Indhire Carrillo, 14, flew in from Colorado. Her father was deported.

"My mom, she has to work three jobs, and that is really hard for her," Indhire said. "My youngest sibling just turned 11 and it's hard for him.

He hasn't had his dad."

The Fair Immigration Reform Movement tweeted midafternoon that all had been released. At 5 p.m., however, a Capitol Police spokesman would say only that they were being processed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ation/8511797/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Kids arrested in immigration protest at U.S. Capitol

Protesters from the Fair Immigration Reform Movement (FIRM) marched to the U.S. Capitol and sat down in a busy intersection to highlight what they say is a broken immigration system. The were arrested by Capitol Police. H. Darr Beiser

Natalie DiBlasio, USA TODAY6:18 p.m. EDT April 30, 2014

(Photo: Natalie DiBlasio, USA TODAY)

WASHINGTON — Seven kids arrested Wednesday as they sat in the middle of a busy intersection outside the U.S. Capitol all had one thing in common: Their families have been split up by deportation.

The youngsters were flown to Washington to join the protest by the immigrant-rights organization Center for Community Change.

The protest drew scores of supporters and onlookers. Capitol Police arrested 27 people, including the seven minors ages 11 to 17.

In a pouring rain on a flooded street, the preteens and teens shouted, "Boehner, Boehner, don't lock us in a chamber" — referring to Republican House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio — and "The youth united will never be divided." The adult protesters echoed their calls.

The young activists spent some time earlier Wednesday learning the art of protest and how to get arrested in an act of civil disobedience. The goal was to urge House Republicans to take action on immigration.

The Senate passed an immigration bill last June that would allow undocumented workers to eventually apply for citizenship. Some House Republicans, however, are standing firm against any measure that could be construed as amnesty for undocumented immigrants.

President Obama is facing mounting pressure from immigration groups who want him to use his executive power to ease or stop deportations immediately.

Yahir Servin, 11, of Alabama, was the first child to get arrested Wednesday. Before the protest he said, "I am fighting for my father. He is undocumented. I am fighting for all of the children who don't have their mothers and fathers and brothers and sisters.

"Families need to stay together, because sometimes you need the love of your father and your mother and your sister," he said. "It's too hard without that support."

"I want to bring my dad back," Talia Gonzalez, 16, said before the rally.

"It's been four years. My sister's birthday is tomorrow and she is so sad he isn't going to be here. Again. She says she wants her daddy."

Talia said she was nervous about getting arrested but proud of herself.

Kids train to be arrested during an immigration protest in Washington, D.C., on April 30, 2014.

Indhire Carrillo, 14, flew in from Colorado. Her father was deported.

"My mom, she has to work three jobs, and that is really hard for her," Indhire said. "My youngest sibling just turned 11 and it's hard for him.

He hasn't had his dad."

The Fair Immigration Reform Movement tweeted midafternoon that all had been released. At 5 p.m., however, a Capitol Police spokesman would say only that they were being processed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ation/8511797/

WELL STOP COME OVER TO OUR COUNTRY & YOU WILL NOT BE SEPARATION FROM YOU FAMILY THE USA IS GOING TO FIGHT & THE SENATE FROM ALL PART OF OUR COUNTRY SHOULD KNOW BETTER . WE ARE NOT GOING TO UP WITH THIS ANY MORE .GO BACK HOME YOU ARE SHOULD BE DEPORTED

They continue to have little fear or respect for our laws. We do not need illegal alien families to be a permanent part of our nation with their endless demands and insults.

The parents do use their children to garner sympathy and they know it makes for great media coverage with a liberal bias slant.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 05-01-2014 at 10:34 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Do this people really expect us to take them seriously. If they want to be with their father so bad, what's stopping them from joining him? All the mother has to do is pack up the children and go back to Mexico.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn