Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Krispy Kreme fined after I-9 audit

I.C.E. News Release

July 7, 2009

Krispy Kreme fined after I-9 audit

CINCINNATI - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the Butler County Sheriff's Office announced today a $40,000 fine settlement reached with the Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation for violations of immigration laws.

ICE conducted an I-9 inspection of Krispy Kreme after receiving information from the Butler County Sheriff's Office which revealed the company had employed dozens of illegal aliens at one of their doughnut factories in Cincinnati.

Employers are required to complete and retain a Form I-9 for each individual they hire for employment in the United States. This form requires employers to review and record the individual's identity document(s) and determine whether the document(s) reasonably appear to be genuine and related to the individual.

"Employers have a responsibility to hire men and women who are authorized to work in the United States and fines are an important component of ensuring their compliance," said Brian Moskowitz, special agent in charge of the ICE Office of Investigations in Michigan and Ohio. "ICE will use the legal tools at its disposal to address those who neglect or falter in their corporate responsibilities."

The audit also revealed violations to the Immigration and Nationality Act. In September 2007, ICE issued a notice of Intent to Fine. The fine was settled Friday.

As part of the settlement, the company has taken measures to revise its immigration compliance program, and has agreed to begin implementing new procedures to prevent future violations of federal immigration laws.

In April, ICE implemented a new, comprehensive strategy to reduce the demand for illegal employment and protect employment opportunities for the nation's lawful workforce. Under this strategy, ICE is focusing its resources on the auditing and investigation of employers suspected of cultivating illegal workplaces by knowingly employing illegal workers. Last week, ICE announced as part of this initiative, 652 businesses around the country would be audited to determine their compliance.

-- ICE --

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) was established in March 2003 as the largest investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security. ICE is comprised of five integrated divisions that form a 21st century law enforcement agency with broad responsibilities for a number of key homeland security priorities.

Last Modified: Tuesday, July 7, 2009
    U.S. Department of Homeland Security

http://www.ice.gov/pi/nr/0907/090707cincinnati.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

E-Verify should be made mandatory when companies are audited and found to have illegal invaders on the pay roll, since these companies have demonstrated they cannot distinguish between those who are legal and those who are not.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ICE conducted an I-9 inspection of Krispy Kreme after receiving information from the Butler County Sheriff's Office which revealed the company had employed dozens of illegal aliens at one of their doughnut factories in Cincinnati.
    Oh Please Why isn't all companies being audited? Get to work ICE
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    Oh Please :!: Why isn't all companies being audited? Get to work ICE :!: :idea:
    They're working on it.

Manpower, money and time are the only restraints.

RELATED

Feds begin immigration crackdown at 625 companies

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-161640.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ELE

Think about it.

If they don't speak English they are probably not in our country legally.

And too, if they don't speak English, they won't be able to communicate with your customers and that is bad for business.

Pictsweet Frozen Veg Plant Tennessee

The Feds need to go there and make a sweep ...all over that county ..the Company Bused them in and a few years back they got bused out ...The Next day many cars loaded down with illegals were back in town ..I was refused emergency room care in 2003 at a county hospital in Jackson Tn . the head nurse told me that illegals and Walmart bankrupted the state and I had to go home and die .I never noticed the illegals on the way in ...The illegals never ever lived in West Tenn ..The Bells Tennessee frozen vegestable plant moved all these illegals in and built them Houses Apt . buildings SCHOOLS ...and when they got sick they all go to the county hospital in Jackson Tn . ...I can make a bet with all of you ...Nothing will be done ...not a thing ...Obama cant touch these people ...Even the Kids who said they wanted to shoot Obama Remember that ? That is the Very County where nothing can be done ...They Have Their Own Laws ...Even Crimes are commited there and are never in the Paper ...NEVER ...only what they want to let the world know ...the rest is bought and paid for by the Conleys in that County ...and Obama will never be able to touch those people in Bells Tn... I can make a Large Bet and I will be the winner on this one ..

nohealthcare62: WELCOME, welcome to ALIPAC

And free health care for illegal kids is in the new federal health insurance plan. This is AMNESTY

Some groups can break the laws. Why? And who is footing the bill? Totally

MW
    CINCINNATI - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the Butler County Sheriff's Office announced today a $40,000 fine settlement reached with the Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation for violations of immigration laws.
    The hell with a fine, that's just the cost of doing business! I want to know who went to jail and if the illegals were deported. Yeah, I know, no one went to jail and the illegal aliens are now employed at the meat processing plant in the next town over.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It appears that this isn't a new inspection but happened back in 2007.
    In September 2007, ICE issued a notice of Intent to Fine. The fine was settled Friday.
    NO AMNESTY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast