Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

KS: Over a dozen arrested during traffic stop

Over a dozen arrested during traffic stop

Highway patrol discovers 18 men and one woman suspected of being in country illegally

What started out as a routine traffic stop for speeding along U.S. Highway 54 netted one of the largest arrests of illegal immigrants in recent memory.
    Around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, a Kansas Highway Patrol trooper pulled over a 2005 Ford F-250 truck for driving 73 mph in a 65 mph zone along U.S. Highway 54 in Ford County.

Trooper Ron Knoefel said that while speaking with the driver, the trooper discovered that not only were there 18 people in the vehicle, but none had legal identification on them.

Arrested were 17 men and one woman, ranging in age from 21 to 45 years old.

"There were no juveniles in the truck," Knoefel said. "That's a good thing."

The car was legally registered in Arizona and was not stolen, Knoefel said.

Ford County Sheriff Dean Bush said the Ford County Detention Center housed the detainees Wednesday night, and members of Immigration and Customs Enforcement picked them up Thursday morning.

Knoefel said he did not know if any of those arrested had previous criminal records. He said he also didn't know how 18 people had squeezed into the truck.
    http://www.dodgeglobe.com/stories/04250 ... 5001.shtml
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Trooper Ron Knoefel said that while speaking with the driver, the trooper discovered that not only were there 18 people in the vehicle, but none had legal identification on them.
    Whenever I hear a story such as this, I cannot help but wonder how many like trucks enter this country on a daily basis that are never discovered?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gov. Napolitano may veto AZ bills next Monday.

TRANSLATED FROM
    http://www.univision.com/contentroot/wi ... 80075.html

The organization Border Action initiated today an intense campaign in the south of Arizona to collect 1,000 resident signatures on cards that will be sent directly to the office of Gov. Napolitano.

In the cards, the residents express their opposition to the initiatives HB2807 and HB2359.

"The time we have is limited, for which we ask the cooperation of the community", said Jennifer Allen, director of Border Action.

The group is asking that the people call to the office of Gov. Napolitano and send e-mails to ask her to veto both initiatives.

In turn, representatives of the group Somos America based in Phoenix delivered yesterday in the offices of the democratic governor a letter in which they ask her to veto these proposals, the ones they consider will increase the anti-immigrant feelings that lives in the state which will promote arrests based on racial profile.

The Governor said yesterday that she will analyze both initiatives and that probably she will make a decision next Monday.

NoBueno wrote:

Whenever I hear a story such as this, I cannot help but wonder how many like trucks enter this country on a daily basis that are never discovered?
    I have often wondered the same.

Smugglers are utilizing trucks, vans, and SUV's as though they are buses.

Are there maximum occupancy laws for vehicles? Like one seat-belt per passinger?

Laws too gentle are seldom obeyed; too severe, seldom executed.

Benjamin Franklin
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    NoBueno wrote:

Are there maximum occupancy laws for vehicles? Like one seat-belt per passinger?
    These laws only apply to citizens and legal immigrants. They do not apply to illegal aliens, as most other laws don't either.