Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

KS-Trial to begin in English-only case

Email Comments (29) iPod-friendly Print By Roxana Hegeman - Associated Press Writer
    Trial to begin in English-only case
    August 12, 2008

Wichita β€” A lawsuit filed by three Hispanic families against the Catholic Diocese of Wichita challenging a policy that requires students to speak only English while at school goes to trial in federal court today.

β€œWhat happened at that school constitutes race discrimination under federal anti-discrimination laws β€” that is why it is important. That needs to be stopped,β€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If I'm not mistaken, Catholic Schools are privately funded, not federally funded. They are within their rights to run the schools any way they want. These families will lose
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

If I'm not mistaken, Catholic Schools are privately funded, not federally funded. They are within their rights to run the schools any way they want. These families will lose
    I thought so too. Shame those that don't want to comply with this countrys language should open their own private schools and stop shoving their agenda down our throats. In all honesty I'm am getting sick of all this nonsense. Either let the minorities control everything or there's some darn law suit.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Counter Sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For everything that they have!!!!!!!!

This Is America
    SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    I think you are right. This may be similar to the Boy Scouts winning their case based on a private organization. The students aren't denied schooling by the government here it is a private organization. We're seeing misbehavior in our public schools here.

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"

SUEING theThe Catholic Diocese!!!....The Catholic Diocese across this country are the ones HELPING TO PROTECT THESE ILLEGALS......

talking about biting the hand that feeds you

And of course an AMERICAN ATTORNEY
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Well in this country anymore you just can not tell....will be an interesting case!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

from watching Lou Dobbs this evening, the spokesperson for the Catholic church, he said the only reason this was in federal court was because the school gets the federal food grants

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:37 pm

Post subject: Catholic School English Only Lawsuit

Civil trial begins Tuesday in English-only case

By Jessica Oakley
    Story Created: Aug 11, 2008 at 2:02 PM CDT
    Story Updated: Aug 11, 2008 at 2:02 PM CDT

WICHITA, Kansas, August 11, 2008 (AP) - A lawsuit filed by three Hispanic families against the Catholic Diocese of Wichita is going to trial in federal court on Tuesday. It challenges a policy that requires students to speak only English while at school.

Three 12-year-old students are claiming the Catholic Diocese violated the Civil Rights Act and another federal statute by causing a hostile educational environment.

The diocese contends that the English-only rule is not discriminatory and did not cause a hostile environment. It contends the rule was implemented at St. Anne Catholic School as a legitimate response to inappropriate behavior by a few middle school students.

The lawsuit calls for an end to the policy and asks for an order barring similar policies at other Catholic schools in the Wichita diocese.

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/26838499.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast