Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Kyl: Obama told me no border enforcement before C.I.R.

In the meantime, federal border immigration enforcement remains in political prison at the White House.

Kyl: Obama told me no border enforcement before comprehensive immigration reform

Monday, June 21, 2010
    By Kerry Picket, Washington Times

Last Friday, Senator Jon Kyl, Arizona Republican, told a group of Arizona voters a startling yet still unsurprising piece of information about President Barack Obama’s reason for not securing the border.(h/t Red State) Mr. Kyl explains at the meeting that he and Senator John McCain, Arizona Republican, put forth a border security plan, known as “Operation Streamline,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Kyl; Obama

No surprise . This was the same thing we were promised in 1986.
    Border Security in exchange for Amnesty. Are we going to believe the false promises again?

At some point soon, Americans are going to finally decide that they've had enough and take matters into their own hands. Someone in the military or other senior level will recognize that a serious uprising is imminent and remove those in power who are abusing the constitution and country. The message in November needs to be VERY loud and VERY clear.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

They will NEVER have border security. The SBInet has been a failure. They have cut back spending. Obama only sends 1200 National Guard. It has been a joke from Day One. I hope no one in Congress falls for this BS and votes for CIR, thinking it is the only way.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    They will NEVER have border security. The SBInet has been a failure. They have cut back spending. Obama only sends 1200 National Guard. It has been a joke from Day One. I hope no one in Congress falls for this BS and votes for CIR, thinking it is the only way.
    Captain, as I understand, the 1200 national guard troops have never been deployed to the border. What a crock this administration is handing us. Dereliction of duty in the worst way!! Failure to defend the borders!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

... and of course Obamanation denies he said any such thing...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... 03544.html

June 21, 2010 3:41 PM
    Who's Lying? White House Denies Kyl's Immigration Story
    Posted by Chip Reid

Somebody's not telling the truth - and it happened in the Oval Office. Sounds like a good mystery that the press corps would just love to solve. My guess, though, is it will remain forever a case of he said/he said.

It started last week when Republican Sen. Jon Kyl said at a town hall in Tempe, Ariz. that during a recent private meeting in the Oval Office the president said: "The problem is, if we secure the border, then you all won't have any reason to support 'comprehensive immigration reform.'" In other words, Kyl said, the president is holding border security hostage to comprehensive reform.

It's getting alot of attention on YouTube - you can hear people in the audience gasp when Kyl makes the claim. And there's a lot of outrage in the conservative blogosphere.

I asked Deputy Press Secretary Bill Burton (subbing for Robert Gibbs) about it today at the briefing. "Kyl knows the president didn't say that," Burton said. He would not say exactly what it was the president DID say (Burton said he was not present at the meeting), and he deflected a question about whether Kyl lied.

Afterward Kyl's office said the senator is sticking to his guns.

Any way to resolve this? Unfortunately, no, unless one of the two people in the Oval Office that day recants. Fat chance of that.

Burton said private, one-on-one meetings in the Oval really are just that - no White House stenographer, no top aide taking notes.

And Burton confirmed on the record what White House reporters have openly wondered about since the days of Richard Nixon: There is NOT, Burton insisted, a recording system in the Oval Office.

Darn.

On the other hand, and sorry to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but if there were, would he even know?
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

Also Obama said the following during a Larry King interview just recently:

"But without comprehensive immigration reform that is Congress' responsibility we are not going to solve this problem, and that's what we have to do."

To me this seems to confirm what Senator Kyl has been saying.

... and of course Obamanation denies he said any such thing...
    because he's so honest and keeps his promises. . .
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Related

Obama give's reason for not securing the Borders
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-203393.html

White House holds border security hostage
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1078841.html

McCain backs Kyl: Obama told other GOP senators border sec.
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-203634.html

White House denies GOP senator's claim linking border security to immigration reform

June 21, 2010 | 12:10 pm

The White House on Monday rejected comments by a Republican senator that border security was being held hostage to a political drive to achieve overall immigration reform.

At a briefing, White House spokesman Bill Burton denounced comments by Arizona Sen. Jon Kyl who told "tea party" supporters that President Obama in a private conversation told the senator that securing the border would make it more difficult to pass overall immigration reform.

"The problem is," Kyl told the town hall-style meeting in Tempe, Ariz., according to video recording of the session, "if we secure the border, then you all won't have any reason to support comprehensive immigration reform. In other words, they're holding it hostage. They don't want to secure the border unless and until it is combined with comprehensive immigration reform."

Burton on Monday said the senator's comments at the tea party event were "untrue."

"No, the president didn't say that," Burton said, using language similar to that used earlier by White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer. "Kyl knows that the president didn't say that."

Questioned about whether the White House believed Kyl was deliberately lying about what happened in his conversation with Obama, Burton insisted that Kyl's comments were untrue. Burton said there was no transcript of the president's one-on-one meeting with Kyl in the Oval Office.

A spokesman for Kyl was not immediately available for comment. But Kyl's office earlier stood by the senator's account, with spokesman Ryan Patmintra telling Fox News: "There were two people in that meeting, and Dan Pfeiffer was not one of them."

At the heart of the dispute is the fate of immigration reform in this congressional session and Arizona's tougher law, which allows authorities to the check identities and papers of those believed to be illegal immigrants.

Obama has criticized the law, and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton this month told Ecuador television that the U.S. government planned to sue to overturn the act. On Monday, Burton insisted no decision has been made and that the question of a federal suit remained under review.

Republican Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, who signed the law on April 23, has criticized Clinton and the federal government over their threats to block the law, which doesn’t go into effect until July 29.

Brewer met with the president this month to discuss the law, but there was little movement in both said was a cordial meeting. Obama has pledged to send up to 1,200 National Guard troops to the U.S.-Mexico border to deal with security issues.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dcnow/2 ... eform.html