Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LA, CA: COST OF ILLEGALS: $420 MILLION IN GOVERNMENT AID

COST OF ILLEGALS: $420 MILLION IN GOVERNMENT AID

By JAMES RUFUS KOREN Antelope Valley Press 4/5/07

LOS ANGELES - Through their citizen children, illegal immigrants in Los Angeles County collect $420 million annually in welfare and food stamps, according to a report requested by 5th District County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich.

The Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services told the supervisor that payments to illegal immigrants’ children amount to approximately 24% of the county’s combined CalWORKS and food stamps budget, officials said.

"What we found was kind of astonishing," said Tony Bell, an Antonovich aide.

Each month, the county doles out $77 million in CalWORKS assistance, $20 million of which goes to the citizen dependent children of illegal immigrants, said Helen Berberian, another Antonovich aide. CalWORKS is the state’s welfare-to-work program.

Along with CalWORKS assistance, the county approves $70 million every month in food stamps, with $15 million going to legal children of illegal immigrants, Berberian said.

The welfare payments go to nearly 100,000 children of 60,000 illegal immigrants, Antonovich’s staff said. His staff estimated that Los Angeles County has almost 12% of the United States’ illegal immigrant population.

The welfare payments are just a portion of the impact from illegal immigrants and their children, Antonovich said.

"Illegal immigration continues to have a devastating impact on Los Angeles County taxpayers," Antonovich said in a statement. "When the nearly one-half billion dollars spent on health care is added to the costs of public safety and health care, this brings the total cost to nearly $1 billion a year. This does not include the skyrocketing cost of education."

According to Antonovich’s office, illegal immigrants annually cost the county $360 million in health care and $220 million in incarceration costs.

Antonovich has spoken to Congress several times about ways to mitigate the country’s illegal immigration problem, including the repeal of at least part of the 14th Amendment.

"We would like to see the repeal of the amendment giving citizenship to children born in the U.S.," Bell said. "The purpose was to ensure that freed slaves were granted citizenship to rectify the evils of slavery, not to provide illegal immigrants with a legal way into our country through childbirth."

State Sen. George Runner said such a move "is a very worthy issue to be addressed."

"Just because you are born here, does it automatically give you the right to citizenship?" Runner said. "I think it’s worth of having the discussion."

Antonovich also has proposed a bonded guest worker program.

"Bonded guest workers would have a bond to cover costs incurred while working in the United States," Bell said.

Those bonds would cover health care and other major expenses, Bell said, adding that many illegal immigrants come to California because they can get free medical care.

Bell said Antonovich will continue to work with state and federal leaders. Runner said that might be all the supervisor can do, as he is outnumbered by his fellow supervisors.

"With health insurance, I know L.A. County does go ahead and pay beyond what the state would pay," Runner said. "I know Mike opposes that, but the problem is, he’s like me in that he has a majority on his board that is willing to pay out those benefits."

http://www.capoliticalnews.com/s/spip.php?breve1330

We would like to see the repeal of the amendment giving citizenship to children born in the U.S.," Bell said. "The purpose was to ensure that freed slaves were granted citizenship to rectify the evils of slavery, not to provide illegal immigrants with a legal way into our country through childbirth."

State Sen. George Runner said such a move "is a very worthy issue to be addressed." "Just because you are born here, does it automatically give you the right to citizenship?" Runner said. "I think it’s worth of having the discussion."
    Hellooooooo! Finally logic and reason is prevailing. There should indeed be a huge push to repeal this travesty.

Anybody who pays state and federal taxes in California should pack up and leave. Let the illegals and Ahh. .nold fend for themselves. This is a diguting disgraceful outrage. That's exactly why I sold my home in Cook County, Illinois. If enough people begin to take a stand against this disguting chain of events, maybe then the illegal loving governments will get it then.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

When one sees the numbers in black and white, it's astounding!

This is a great article and we can use these figures when lobbying &/or speaking to our reps.

Send this to some of the local and state campaigns ..... asking....."is this what we're to be expected to bare in the future?"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good idea sis! I will attach the link in my next round of letters to my illegal alien loving representatives in Illinois. It's to the point where I have to take a break from this board because some of this stuff makes my head explode.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Good idea sis! I will attach the link in my next round of letters to my illegal alien loving representatives in Illinois. It's to the point where I have to take a break from this board because some of this stuff makes my head explode.
    WHAT
    lol, I know........I've been living on aspirin and taping my eyeballs in occassionally

BTW, did you sign in on the ILLINOIS thread on the Gen Discussion forum?
    I thought it would be good if everyone from your state collect, so to speak, so that you can begin to gather strength.

Illinois is twitching and this is the time for unity & strategy.

just a thought
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    WHAT
    lol, I know........I've been living on aspirin and taping my eyeballs in occassionally

BTW, did you sign in on the ILLINOIS thread on the Gen Discussion forum?
    I thought it would be good if everyone from your state collect, so to speak, so that you can begin to gather strength.

Illinois is twitching and this is the time for unity & strategy.

just a thought
    No, I missed that thread will look for it now. Thanks for the idea of taping the eyeballs shut since mine usually bleed along with my eyes and ears after reading some of these stories on here. At least my eyeballs will be spared further damage

I printed it out, there's alot of ammo in that story. I would say Calif is definitly a Welfare state now!!
    The taxpayers should be outraged,this should be printed in all the major news papers down there, Want to see people get hopping mad, let them read this!You people down in Calif. are crazy if you don't start screaming as loud as you can, I would get this information to every radio station possible , news stations and news papers, if even if just some of them report it its better than none at all!!!! Good luck!!
    SIS does Calif have their own section with there Reps info so we could e-mail, call, some of them and help out???
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Want to see people get hopping mad, let them read this!You people down in Calif. are crazy if you don't start screaming as loud as you can....

Many of we Califorians scream until we are hoarse. Unfortunately, our state is governed by career politicians (political prostitutes) who see the Latino vote as a way to stay in office. California be damned, it is the welfare of the politician that is foremost. Consequently, the subject of illegal immigration is rarely mentioned lest the Latino voting bloc be offended.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    I printed it out, there's alot of ammo in that story. I would say Calif is definitly a Welfare state now!!
    The taxpayers should be outraged,this should be printed in all the major news papers down there, Want to see people get hopping mad, let them read this!You people down in Calif. are crazy if you don't start screaming as loud as you can, I would get this information to every radio station possible , news stations and news papers, if even if just some of them report it its better than none at all!!!! Good luck!!
    SIS does Calif have their own section with there Reps info so we could e-mail, call, some of them and help out???
    We're working on a Focus Campaign for Cali now!!

We'll be "focusing" on every state and their legislators.

*** on the top of the Focus forum {link in my sig} there is a Campaign INDEX. Hit that index and check to see what states are up so far.
    Just about all of them are under construction. If they're "unlocked" - then they're ready to work.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    We're working on a Focus Campaign for Cali now!!

We'll be "focusing" on every state and their legislators.
    Can't wait!!! We need the help