Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LA immigrants plan June rally

Days after violent protest clash, LA immigrants plan June rally
    By ANDREW GLAZER, Associated Press Writer

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

(05-0 15:42 PDT Los Angeles (AP) --

A week after an immigration rally ended with police using batons and rubber bullets to drive demonstrators and journalists out of a park, activists announced plans Tuesday to march again next month to refocus attention on immigration reform.

Organizers hope the June 24 march will exceed the crowd of about 25,000 who attended the mostly peaceful May 1 demonstration that ended with riot police sweeping protesters and journalists out of MacArthur Park.

"All of us here today are united in expressing in the clearest voice possible that we can't be intimidated into inaction," said Juan Jose Gutierrez of Latino Movement U.S.A. at a press conference outside City Hall.

About a dozen immigrants stood behind him holding signs calling for amnesty for the roughly 12 million illegal immigrants in the United States.

The march is planned for the intersection of Hollywood and Vine, in the heart of Hollywood and far from downtown, where prior immigration rallies have taken place. Gutierrez said the location was chosen to get other Los Angeles neighborhoods involved in the reform movement.

"A community divided is a weak community," Gutierrez said.

There were signs he has had some success in attracting support. Activist Preston Wood, the local coordinator of the anti-war group, the Answer Coalition, attended the press conference and said he would march. So did the Rev. Eric Lee, director of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference of Los Angeles and Filipino-American activist Arturo Garcia.

Honduran activist Cecilia Rodriguez, also at the conference, called for media to cover the event, but not only to get the message out.

"Imagine what would have happened if the cameras weren't there (in MacArthur Park)," she said in Spanish.

Police Chief William Bratton, meanwhile, told a civilian panel that oversees the department that the elite Metro unit, whose officers cleared the park, was undergoing training this week on use of force. He said he planned to speak to all personnel about crowd dispersal, use of force and media treatment.

Bratton also announced a replacement for the deputy chief who was demoted to the rank of commander and assigned to his home this week.

Deputy Chief Cayler "Lee" Carter Jr., commanding officer of Operations Central Bureau, was the highest ranking police official at the scene of the clash. He will be replaced by Sergio Diaz, a 30-year department veteran who is currently assistant commanding officer for the Special Operations Bureau.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... 524D12.DTL

Associated Press Sections InternationalStateSportsFinancialEntertainmentNati onalPolitics
    © 2007 Hearst Communications Inc. | Privacy Policy | Feedback | RSS Feeds | FAQ | Site Index | Contact
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wonder if mayor la raza will be leading the parade.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We should camp out on the mayors property and pitch tents. Why can't we invade his space and demand that he give up his land for us?

"All of us here today are united in expressing in the clearest voice possible that we can't be intimidated into inaction," said Juan Jose Gutierrez of Latino Movement U.S.A.
    This is the same peaceful activist who said the following:

“We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him.”
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Quote Originally Posted by reptile09
    "All of us here today are united in expressing in the clearest voice possible that we can't be intimidated into inaction," said Juan Jose Gutierrez of Latino Movement U.S.A.
    This is the same peaceful activist who said the following:

“We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him.”
    That makes him a terrorist. He belongs at Gitmo.

And as far as I know, no one has ever mentioned whether he was held accountable for this statement. His arse should have been at the very least brought up on hate crime violations. That statement alone proves he's a racist, like the rest of La Raza. I wonder if Hellary knows about this statement.

MW
    The guess the illegal immigrants and their activist are acting while they feel the iron is hot. Their thinking is that the incident at the recent rally will act to strengthen their position and expand base support to their cause, which in turn will equate to more street marchers. Unfortunately they may be right, but I hope not.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"A community divided is a weak community," Gutierrez said.
    Yes, and a country divided is a weak country.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Any other city would tell them "enough is enough" and there will be no march. Can you imagine the millions of dollars this is costing the taxpayers of Los Angeles.

All the racist Hispanics smell blood. They've got the mayor and chief of police kissing their collective asses so they know they can get away with just about anything they want at this time.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

I bet their plan is to act all rowdy and hope for another strong police response, maybe even a having a baby get blasted with tear gas or if they're really lucky, a rubber bullet. Then they can bitch and moan about how terrible they were treated by the racist white man and garner sympathy. You know they were ecstatic that the police had to use force at the last rally, that was the only in-depth media attention they got.

I can just see their leaders now, "awesome, a baby was killed by the cops - yessss, jackpot!! Thank you, Jesus."
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€