Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LA police 'inappropriate' says chief after immigration clash

Los Angeles police chief William Bratton on Wednesday promised an investigation into clashes that marred immigration protests, suggesting there had been "inappropriate" behavior by officers.

Television images showed baton-wielding police in riot gear clubbing journalists and firing rubber bullets after scuffles broke out following a day-long rally involving several thousand protestors on Tuesday.

Around 10 protestors suffered minor injuries in the violence, Los Angeles Fire Department officials told local media, while police said 15 officers were hurt in the trouble.

Bratton, who was appointed five years ago with a brief to clean up the Los Angeles Police Department's (LAPD's) image, said he would seek to hold an "open" internal inquiry into the violence.

Bratton also hinted that after watching footage of the incident police may have over-reacted.

"Some of what I've seen as chief of the department does not look appropriate," Bratton told local radio station KNX.

"There were some scenes there, clearly, based on my years of experience and the years of experience of many of my command staff, did not appear to be (appropriate)."

Bratton described the disturbances as "a series of very fluid events -- there were multiple things going on."

He said the Police Commission would "be fully involved in terms of staying abreast of it ... and we'll try to do this as openly as we can."

Television reports showed a police officer knocking down a cameraman, then grabbing the camera and tossing it to the ground.

The police tactics were condemned by journalist body the Radio and Television News Association (RTNA).

"There is evidence that officers knocked reporters to the ground, used batons on photographers and damaged cameras, possibly motivated by anger over journalists photographing efforts by officers to control the movements of marchers," an RTNA statement said.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

It's over, folks.

The police chief apologizes for his officers responding to a riot, and ICE is nowhere to be found.

And George? Why George has decided that these things just aren't happening and require no comment from him, nor from anyone else in his government.

Where I live in California, there wasn't a single mention of the riots in the media at all. Nor of the demands for full amnesty, immediate access to the benefits of citizenship, and unlimited future "migration" and immediate citizenship by any and all who want it. No, none of that, just the standard pap about hard-working immigrants, blah, blah, blah.

Meanwhile, the Amnesty Express just keeps gaining steam.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Three words:

Ramos, Compean, Hernandez

The police chief knows where the butter goes on his bread. He's just another political hack that LA imported from back East. He kisses Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's posterior and they happily run a sanctuary city for illegal alien's. Just another day in the SouthWest.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Sanctuary City!!!!!!!

What do you expect?

Sanctuary = Lawlessness!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And Lawlessness = Anarchy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

i think the good chief needs to understand that illegals dont have a right to march in the first place. and if the officers felt their safety was in jeopardy and that they had things thrown at them first. they have every damn right to defend themselves.

what a loser of a police chief

So which drug cartel has the Chief on the dole?

All those who threw bottles at police should have been arrested, turned over to ICE once in jail and deported. Throwing bottles is considered an assault on a police officer and that is a felony! I wouldn't apologize if I was the police chief but rather I would get a warrant to get all the video footage from the TV stations, find out who actually hit officers and have them arrested.