Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

La Raza/ Mecha Sponsored charter school in LAUSD

I am new and terribly alarmed at this story it should be on Fox News tonight. This story is still developing.

LAUSD has a charter school that is sponsored by these two groups.

Here are a couple of links:

The first one is an interview done on the UCLA campus with the current principal and founder of this school

http://www.tcla.gseis.ucla.edu/equalter ... uilar.html

the second link is link to 790 KABC radio

http://www.kabc.com/mcintyre/goout.asp? ... 437469&PT=

Just today the principal agreed to interview with a reporter from KABC and once the reporter arrived the principal wasn't there for the interview.
    The reporter left and was mugged by a large hispanic man outside and the reporter handed over his tape recorder. The principal had previously told the reporter to watch his back in a separate conversation.

JUst sick

Thank you Tigsii. That is definitely worth reading. I think we need to send this to that wonderful and outstanding American president of ours to read.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is another link about the reporter that was mugged:

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=50460

Good Grief!!

How long before our big news media wakes up.

I don't mean wakes up as in knowing this is happening - but wakes up to realize when these people get power, they are going after everyone and everything in this country.

We are using one of the outlets on our son's satellite system since our travel trailer is parked in his yard, but it just seems to me they have added some Mexican channels in the few months we have been here.

We are subsidizing those Mexican channels when we pay for that satellite or cable.

Is there any other way to get the channels we want without have to pay for the anti-American channels as welll?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Who is in control?

Here is a group that openly advocates the overthrow of the United States by selling this poison to ohildren at taxpayer expense. Just simply amazing the administration and congress continues to ignore this crap which is happening right under their noses.

1. Iraq mess
    2. Immigration mess
    3. New Orleans still unprepared for 2006 hurricane season
    4. "Loss" of my and other veterans data to drug cartels and illegal aliens
    5. Just being jackasses and wastes of taxpayer dollars

INVESTIGATE AND IMPEACH BUSH NOW!!!!!!!

THE SENATE: The most corrupt institution money can buy

We have a charter school in my neighborhood that is basically doing the same thing. It has been in operation for about a year now, and teaches kids Kindergarten through first grade in 90% Spanish and 10% English, going to a 50%-50% English-Spanish curriculum by the fifth grade. Apparently they are teaching kids that they cannot get a job unless they speak Spanish.

A quote from a kid attending the school regarding what a teacher thaught her:

"She said when I grow up and can speak Spanish I can have a job," the third-grader said.

From the San Diego Union-Tribune website last year:

Hoping to blaze trails
    Teachers at newly opened charter school say they believe in their mission

EL CAJON – The children at the new bilingual charter school here line up in a small courtyard before classes.

"Buenos dias. Como estan hoy?" teacher Lupita Avendaño yells out from one end of the courtyard.

"Muy bien!" the children reply in a chorus.

"Good morning. How are you today?" teacher Karla Avina yells out from the other end.

"Very well!" the children respond. "Great!" some say.

The early morning pleasantries set the tone for the daily instructional challenge at the Excellence and Justice in Education Elementary Academy.

The charter school, which opened last month with 110 students, aims to graduate students who are fluent in Spanish and English by the fifth grade.

Right now that is still a dream of the community activists, parents and teachers who are running the East County school.
    "It's rough," said first-grade teacher Gabriel Vanegas, a San Diego State University graduate who taught in Mexico last year as part of his studies.

"We're setting up the curriculum," he said. "We're setting up everything. But I see the reward. We're doing this because we love this."

Avendaño, another SDSU graduate who taught in Mexico, said the teachers believe in their mission that "students have a right to learn two languages."

Elsewhere in San Diego County, dual-language immersion programs are offered in the Jamul-Dulzura, Valley Center, Encinitas, Escondido, Poway, South Bay Union, Chula Vista and San Diego districts.

"It's still small in numbers but growing in demand," said Nenette Adelson-Rodriguez, director of bilingual teacher training at the San Diego County Office of Education. "Parents want this."

Cont.

So instead of obeying the CA law that abolished bilingual education, the pro-bilingual mob have created taxpayer funded charter schools around San Diego County to do the same thing. And what is the local media response? Oh, this is so wonderful, how inspiring, what a great idea, etc. What a crock. In fact the enrollment of students is majority Hispanic, so these kids are just continuing to be taught what they are speaking at home, instead of being immersed in English in order to assimilate them to English.

But then again, just as I have said many times:

Welcome to San Diego, Mexico's Finest City
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

People, get mad at me, but unless the amnesty fails and deportations begin that little girl is right.

'When you grow up, you better speak Spanish or you won't get a job."

We think that isn't possible, we won't stand for it - but who ever thought we would have to sit here and watch thousands and thousands of illegal invaders march in our streets, fly our flag upside down and use it for a baby blanket, threaten the American people, etc.

Impossible things happen --- a lot lately.

Unreal. I saw it on the Drudge Report. Yet another reason to make English the OFFICIAL NATIONAL LANGUAGE.

steve hill

English is the language of this country. I will never learn spanish as I have no need for it. These people think they can come to our country and make it theirs are sadly mistaken. Their refusal to assimilate to our american ways and language is laziness and unwillingness to become american citizens. You do not march through the streets that we american taxpayers pay for and demand not ask mind you demand your rights. You have not rights in this country amigo
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am currently in college preparing to go into the medical field and thought about picking up some Spanish classes since I live in Arizona. My neighbor, a nurse, advised me not to bother to learn the language. She said that any free time I had on the job would be spent translating. She said I would get frustrated with it real fast without any finacial compensation for the extra work. The hospitals use some type of interpretation phone service to interprete foreign languages when there is no one there to translate. I believe they should be the one to bring their own translator if they can not speak English. I will be pissed if not knowing Spanish ever interferes with my ability to obtain a job!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast