Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I was so mad when I read this that I just had to fire off a comment to the LA Times Editorial staff (of course I know it will never be printed, but it felt good just writing it):

Dear Editors of the LA Times,

Your editorial '"Too tough on Illegal Immigration," Feb. 21, 2008, is woefully one-sided. You forgot to mention all the crimes and murders-of-US-Citizens these illegal aliens commit on a daily basis, not to mention all the pedophiliac sex crimes. These were unnecessary and avoidable crimes, if our government had the political will to enforce our immigration laws and stop these criminals at the border. You cannot compare apples to oranges. One dead American murdered by an illegal alien does not equate to $1 million dollars in taxes gained from illegal behavior. It just does not equate. So for your paper to defend garnering more tax dollars as being preemptive to welcoming people who we have no idea who they are or why they are here is beyond pathetic. We have enough American-born murderers now without importing from with-out. I have no problem deporting 50 million illegals if I could save ONE innocent American life. This is probably why your paper has lost subscriptions; you have sided with the enemy.

XXXX
    FORMER SUBSCRIBER OF THE LA TIMES.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Nice work, Ex_OC.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great job, Ex_oc! Is there a emoticon for massive applause?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Sounds good Bowman. Will give it a shot!
    If the News Press does not deliver in your area, I think you can subscribe to their online edition.

Aww, geez, zeezil and rockfish, thanks. Ya made my day.

Unfortunately, it will never be printed.

Los Angeles Times opposes immigration enforcement, deportations; wants illegal aliens to remain in U.S.

The dozens of immigration-related articles from the Los Angeles Times covered here over the years have made that clear, but the editorial "Too tough on illegal immigration" makes it explicit (link). After various wrong-headed statements - including comparing an illegal aliens suing over the constitutionality of a state law to Dred Scott - they end with this:
    That illegal immigrants living in the United States place an economic burden on schools, hospitals, prisons and other public services is undeniable, but it's also true that they contribute to our economy and our society in myriad ways. Bullying them into leaving is counterproductive and downright mean. It's also shortsighted. Many immigrant families are blended, made up of legal immigrants, illegal ones and U.S.-born citizens. Harsh laws and deportations may satisfy the popular hunger for instantaneous immigration reform, but the result will be a legacy of anguish and resentment among millions of people who aren't going anywhere.
    Now, let's imagine that the "reform" they support passes. One of that "reform"'s selling points is that it would include beefed-up enforcement. In fact, it wouldn't be hard to find several LAT articles and editorials mentioning that. And, it should be clear that illegal immigration isn't going to stop after "reform". In fact, that amnesty would send a loud message to millions of prospective illegal aliens, and they'd respond by trying to come here.

Does anyone think the LAT is going to suddenly do a complete 180 and support deportations of new illegal aliens? Aren't they simply going to copy-and-paste a new editorial opposing deportations of new illegal aliens.

Thus, there's a conflict between what they say in this editorial and the "reform" they support. The Los Angeles Times is clearly trying to sell a bill of goods, and has no intention of supporting the enforcement that they "reform" they support mandates.

http://lonewacko.com/blog/archives/007495.html

I just visited LAT's website page, "Letters." Yup, they did not post my "letter." In fact they did not post ANY LETTER (because I'm sure there were tons) regarding this editorial. NONE. ZIPPO. NADA. NEIN.

COWARDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    I just visited LAT's website page, "Letters." Yup, they did not post my "letter." In fact they did not post ANY LETTER (because I'm sure there were tons) regarding this editorial. NONE. ZIPPO. NADA. NEIN.

COWARDS.
    Like I keep saying, stop buying their newspapers. Tell everyone you know the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC

COWARDS.
    Like I keep saying, stop buying their newspapers. Tell everyone you know the same thing.
    Heheheh, Bowman. I'm not a subscriber. I just view their news online. FREE. Hehehehe.

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Yea, ExOC. I noticed that too. No letters in LATimes so far....maybe ever. Just goes to show they dish out only one side by means of editorial control and selection and then CANCEL opposing views.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast