Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Labor department official criticizes method in immigrant ar

http://rdu.news14.com/content/headlines ... 67&SecID=2

Labor department official criticizes method in immigrant arrests
    7/8/2005 11:14 AM
    By: Associated Press

(RALEIGH) - An official with the North Carolina Department of Labor is criticizing federal immigration officials for how they arrested about 50 illegal immigrants doing construction work at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base.

The official says federal officials misrepresented themselves, luring workers into the arrest by a flier announcing a mandatory Occupational Safety and Health Administration meeting.

Allen McNeely is the head of the state Labor Department's Occupational Safety and Health division. He says the trick has eroded trust between the Labor Department and the workers it is trying to keep safe, especially after efforts to reach out to the state's immigrant workers in recent years.

Copyright 2005 Associated Press, All rights reserved.
    This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I heard on the radio today that ICE refused to give up its techniques on how they catch illegals and this guy put out a press release saying how ICE nabbed the illegals at the base. Can you say Treason, obstruction of justice?

Allen McNeely
    Deputy Commissioner
    OSH Director
    (919) 807-2861
    (919) 807-2855 FAX
    allen.mcneely@nclabor.com

http://www.nclabor.com/tele.htm
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Can you say Treason, obstruction of justice?
    I agree, but maybe the man is just not that smart.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

From WRAL, McNeely said "I think what we do is go in and look at what job they're doing." It's evident he doesn't even KNOW what the DOL is supposed to be doing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nothing new with the labor dept. The company I worked for owed 30 guys $186,000 in uncompensated hours in just 2 years (it was on our time cards!). When we went to the department of lazy government hacks....oopps I mean the dept of labor, they told us to stick it. We sued the company and they settled for all the wages plus legal fees. Once that happened the DOL stepped in and wanted us to help them levy some fines, we told them to stick it!
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

I hope everyone has seen our press release on this calling for his dismissal and an apology from the NC DOL. It was added to the homepage and the Gen Discussion thread around 5pm Friday.

We did the press release today and we will open up the flood gates on Monday morning by activating the ALIPAC Action Network.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)