Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Labor official says guest worker bill will pass Senate

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stori ... 10117.html

March 15, 2006

Labor official says guest worker bill will pass Senate

ASSOCIATED PRESS

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Despite resistance from Republicans in the Senate, the Bush administration remains optimistic about passing a temporary worker program, a labor department official told an industry group that supports the plan on Wednesday.

"I think there's still a significant likelihood that we'll be able to get the temporary worker program out of the Senate and therefore have a balanced proposal to take to conference (committee) this year," Deputy Labor Secretary Steven Law said at a meeting of the Associated Builders and Contractors in Las Vegas.

Senate leadership has set a March 27 deadline for voting on a reform bill.

The Senate committee currently debating a guest worker program as part of a package of immigration reforms made little progress Wednesday, as backers faced resistance from opponents, including Republicans on the committee, concerned that plan grants amnesty to illegal immigrants.

Law said that to get the administration's approval, the program can't "create an automatic path to citizenship or give preference treatment or put (illegal immigrants) ahead of those who have waited their turn and followed the regular legal channels."

Law said the administration "in general" supports a plan by Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., that would let workers live in the U.S. for up for four years before having to return to their home country.

Guest worker programs are popular with the construction industry, which depends heavily on immigrant labor. A temporary work program was not included in an immigration reform bill passed in the House.

Brett McMahan, a concrete contractor from Washington, D.C., attending the meeting, called the House bill's emphasis on tighter border control and law enforcement an "unmitigated disaster" for his business.

"(My employees) all get thrown out of the country and have to reapply, they're scared to death," he said, adding that 200 of his employees participated in a recent protest against the measure.

Associated Builders and Contractors, a national trade and lobbying group, says it represents 23,000 contractors and related firms.

---

On the Net:

Associated Builders and Contractors: http://www.abc.org
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Brett McMahan, a concrete contractor from Washington, D.C., attending the meeting, called the House bill's emphasis on tighter border control and law enforcement an "unmitigated disaster" for his business.

"(My employees) all get thrown out of the country and have to reapply, they're scared to death," he said, adding that 200 of his employees participated in a recent protest against the measure.
    Now if I am not mistaking. I think ICE will not have to do much investigation on this company. Since he has admitted. GO ICE GO
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

My first thought exactly!

If the White House still thinks they're going to get a shamnesty bill, we need to redouble our calls, faxes and emails!
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

E-mail address for Associated Builders and Contractors:

gotquestions@abc.org

Remind them that the McKennedy amnesty will cost American workers and taxpayers $500 billion a year! That's 10% of our income! Just so these bastards can keep their illegal Mexican workers?

If that's what you want McMahan, move your business to Mexico. Or Ireland.

Is this guy crazy ?
    Brett McMahan of Washington just ADMITTED to hiring at least 200 illegal aliens. This guy needs to be among the FIRST to be prosecuted.
    They better not let him walk away. If he can't afford to abide by U.S. Labor Laws he has NO BUSINESS BEING IN BUSINESS. Follow the rules or PAY !! I bet he's doing 50 times better than the rest of US because he is a CHEATER and a TRAITOR to the American people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh cool !! Thanks Timbinh !!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Let's report this guy to ICE!
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Quote Originally Posted by WavTek

Let's report this guy to ICE!
    Yeah, I agree. Go ahead and send away. I have sent them and My Congressman this. With a little note to the Congressman. That I expect a follow up on this.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06