Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Laken Riley’s Father Criticizes Politicization Of Daughter’s Death In New Interview

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Laken Riley’s Father Criticizes Politicization Of Daughter’s Death In New Interview

Laken Riley’s Father Criticizes Politicization Of Daughter’s Death In New Interview

By Sharika Soal
    Mar. 18, 2024 8:30 pm

Jason Riley/ NBC News Youtube

In an interview aired Monday, Laken Riley’s father criticized the politicization of his daughter’s death.

NBC News reports that Jason Riley feels that she is being used politically. “She was much better than that.

She should be raised up for the person that she is.”

The father of Laken Riley, a Georgia nursing student killed while she was jogging, is remembering her as a “strong person” who excelled in academics but fears her death is being exploited as a political wedge that has “incited people” for the November election.

While politicians have evoked her name at campaign rallies, in speeches and in an eponymous immigration-related bill, turning it into an election year flash point after she was killed, police say, by a suspect who entered the U.S. illegally two years ago, Jason Riley has taken the past month following her death to reflect.

“I wish I would have been there to protect her,” he said in an interview that aired Monday on NBC’s “TODAY” show — the first time he has spoken publicly since his daughter was killed. “I wish it would have been me.”

Riley was jogging early in the morning on the University of Georgia campus when
    she was attacked and killed by blunt force trauma, according to Jeff Clark, the University of Georgia Police Chief.

House Judiciary GOP
    @JudiciaryGOP
    ·
    Follow

Laken Riley was murdered by an illegal alien. Her father is speaking out. She would still be here if we had a secure border. Must watch

Watch on X
    12:52 PM · Mar 18, 2024

Laken Riley’s murder intensified an already heated debate over failed and unenforced immigration policies with the Biden administration, and the case gained further attention this month when Biden failed to say her name correctly during the State of the Union. Riley told NBC these actions made dealing with his daughter’s death even more difficult.

But in reaction to what Biden said, Jason Riley feels overwhelmed over how politicized the circumstances surrounding his daughter’s death have become.

“I think it’s being used politically to get those votes,” Jason Riley said. “It makes me angry. I feel like, you know, they’re just using my daughter’s name for that. And she was much better than that, and she should be raised up for the person that she is. She was an angel.”

“I’d rather her not be such a political, how you say — it started a storm in our country,” Jason Riley said of his daughter’s death, “and it’s incited a lot of people.”

As a result of the divisiveness, he said, “there’s people on both sides that have lashed out at our families,” referring to him and Riley’s mother.

While he and her mother divorced when Riley was young, he and his daughter remained close, calling each other often, he said. She spoke about wanting to graduate from Augusta University’s nursing college and work at a children’s hospital. She wrote down her goals for the year, which included going on a date after she had been such a “study bug,” her father said.

While Jason Riley supports President Donald Trump, he wishes the death of his daughter “did not become so political.” Still, it has led to discussions about how to secure the southern border and help women, including those who are trafficked.

WATCH

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ers-death-new/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I cannot imagine the horrific pain and suffering this mother, father, and their family is going through let alone the sheer terror she suffered by being brutally raped and her skull crushed by that rotten big fat feral animal who JOE BIDEN let in and NYC let walk the streets and NONE of them should be here.

Shame on you Biden, Harris, Mayorkas, Pelosi, Schumer, and all who are orchestrating this invasion, may you rot in hell, including the NGO's, churches, Judges, United Nations, evil Soros and sons.

Congress...do your damn job!

Close that border down immediately and deport 50 million out of here! You are disgusting, evil, reptiles to allow this. Wait until this happens to YOUR family members.

REVERSE THE DAMAGE NOW!

ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

“I’d rather her not be such a political, how you say — it started a storm in our country,” Jason Riley said of his daughter’s death, “and it’s incited a lot of people.”
    I have a feeling the authors of this "news report" went fishing hard to try to create this message for the article.

Surely, Laken Riley's father knows and understands why many Americans would be very politically upset at the federal policies that caused Laken's death and want to change that.
    I smell a rat on this report.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)